I’m not in a very good place

southerngunbelle

Six Pointer
Had a bad pediatric code the other day. I’ve been a part of hundreds of codes and dozens of pediatric codes. This is one messing with me. I don’t know why. It just hit home for some reason. I’m not really a religious person but I’ll take all the help I can right now.

My wife knows I’m struggling so I have her support. Nchuntandfish community has been very helpful over the years. Thank you all.

I’m hoping a day in the woods tomorrow will help clear my head.
Prayers sent. I pray Christ gives you peace and strength through this difficult time, and surrounds you with a good support system.

I am so glad you are reaching our for help. You are a loving and strong individual who has dedicated your life to helping others. Grief is not easy. I can tell you that you are normal. Your feelings are normal and deciding to tackle them is a strong decision. Talking to God is good place to start and sometimes there's no better place to do that than in the middle of God's creation (the woods). Jesus died for us to cover our sins. His life is a reflection of how we should live and treat others. His grace and forgiveness are never ending. You always have a seat at the table...anytime, anyplace. All you have to do is ask. He can put people in your life to help. Whether it be your wife, coworkers or counselors as many others have suggested. I will pray for you and would love to hear an update from you at some point in the future.

Last edited: