I’m making the switch to a Saddle this year....

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
and I’m interested in knowing what Saddles some of you have been hunting out of and what’s your pros and cons to that Saddle.

I’ve done a ton of research, and there are 3 Saddles that I’m considering. The Phantom, which I’m worried won’t be a comfortable Saddle to sit in, the Cruzr Archon which looks more comfortable, but will be $50 more than the Phantom, and the TX5 that will be $100 more than the Phantom.

If I knew that the Phantom would be comfortable to sit in, then I would buy it. I’m a bigger fella @ 240, so I’m just not sure. To be safe, I should probably spend the extra money and go with the Cruzr.

Any info would be appreciated.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
How tall are you?
do you run and gun.. bow?

how many sets do you have?

I climb to do tree work sometimes. I have never sat in one to hunt.

I’m interested also but I have a shed full of lock-ons and stands to hunt from.

if I ever get pushed to public bow hunting then I will also consider.

cheers

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We bought an H2 saddle. It seems to be very comfortable but haven’t sit in it for long period of time yet. Have to get the small platform to take the weight off of our legs periodically. It is very well made and would highly recommended it.

jakeller27

Four Pointer
I have a Phantom and it’s a lot more comfortable than my Trophyline was. I haven’t hunted out of it yet but I’ve done several 30 minute sits and it seems like it’s going to be pretty good. Can’t vouch for the others, but I have high hopes for the Phantom.

Edit: I forgot to add that I’m also on the hefty side at about 235. My love handles like the Phantom a lot more than a higher rising saddle.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Buy a JX3 hybrid… thank me later!

I had an aerohunter saddle but sold it and bought the JX3. Will never look back!!

PS if only 50 minutes south of you if you ever want to meet up and test my JX3
If I was hunting private land, then this is the exact setup I would have. But, if you are hunting somewhere that you will have to quarter and pack out the deer, don’t think the jx3 will work. I know it’s designed to be able to pack out a deer, but I tested a friends using 50lb bags of corn and it was awful. Maybe I’m spoiled by my stone glacier pack, but I just couldn’t imagine hauling a deer out with the jx3.

There are tons of saddle options out there now. I have used an Aero hunter the last couple years and I like it. Experimenting with a Cruzr this spring. Haven’t decided if I like it yet.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
ouch. but funny.
But trees saddle set ups are no less boasted about than the heated tower hideouts. :p
or the fifty yard closet cut in the pines with a corn pile on the end.
or the thirty seven ft high climber.
Or the blind on top of the corn.

Fact is many deer folks think their set up is indeed the best deal imaginable.
And they all work just fine.
Cuase we aint hunting T-rexs or such; just a wood goat.

GAWolf

Ten Pointer
I got one to hunt private land where poachers have been known to take my stuff. A set of screw-ins only are harder to see.

i got the Phantom. No complaints.

Last edited:

Desert_hawg

Four Pointer
I am also in the market for a saddle after hunting public from the ground all last year. I was leaning the phantom as well. But will look at JX3. I usually canoe into areas when I hunted last year, so that helped hauling my imaginary deer out.