Hypothetical question for the seasoned deer hunters

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
I have a similar situation on the north side of my property with the neighbor. Big stand and feeder showed up one day about 50 yards from property line after they owned the property a few years. They cleared a few acres right in the middle of his wooded acreage and cut a long drive in to it to build the house and then decided to start hunting so the only place left for stands was the edges close to property lines. That place was perfect deer habitat before they moved in a put up a house right in the middle of it but pretty much killed the flow of deer traffic from that side of my place. Now I can't even bait within 150 yards of that side of my property without being cut off by that stand. Not very neighborly on his part but I put up with it to get along and he manages to shoot a few young bucks during the rut out off the set up. I guess coming from the suburbs he don't know how close is to close. Plus in the predawn darkness anything that's on that side comes running to stand under my setup and stare back over there so one day he might run some nocturnal buck to me I might not get a crack at any other way. Got to make lemonade sometimes

Reactions: jug

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
No I wasn't being condescending. Just wondering if anyone with years of deer hunting experience hunt a setup like this.
You got to understand the stand and the feeder are within 60 to 70 yards of each other in the woods right along the edge of my foodplot field where my decoy.... camper is. The camper can be seen from their setup.
Really looks like a setup they saw on some of those TV hunting shows. Just looks very odd.
I've thrown corn along paths to fields to get them to slow down a bit. What's the purpose of the decoy camper?

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've thrown corn along paths to fields to get them to slow down a bit. What's the purpose of the decoy camper?
The camper is next near the highway beside the field. I have not had one person trespass or ride atvs since I put that thing there. I told my neighbors that the deer come into the field with the camper there. Turkeys too. I told them that sometimes I park on the other side of the gate which might miss them up. My truck and camper can be seen from their stand and feeder. I was just wondering if anyone other than myself finds this strange. I would have put the stand a little farther from the camper and the feeder farther from the stand.
The decoy camper is just to keep the rif raf away. I dont go up there much so I needed a type of deterrent.

Last edited:

Hunterreed

Twelve Pointer
The camper is next near the highway beside the field. I have not had one person trespass or ride atvs since I put that thing there. I told my neighbors that the deer come into the field with the camper there. Turkeys too. I told them that sometimes I park on the other side of the gate which might miss them up. My truck and camper can be seen from their stand and feeder. I was just wondering if anyone other than myself finds this strange. I would have put the stand a little farther from the camper and the feeder farther from the stand.
The decoy camper is just to keep the rif raf away. I dont go up there much so I needed a type of deterrent.
Hey that stuff works. Years ago I hung cheap $40 tree stands all along my property borders just to thwart people from putting up stands on the property line. It worked for 10 or 15 years until the trees consumed the stands

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hey that stuff works. Years ago I hung cheap $40 tree stands all along my property borders just to thwart people from putting up stands on the property line. It worked for 10 or 15 years until the trees consumed the stands
Yeah I have it painted camouflage. Nothing in it but the shell and the toilet.
I keep stuff in there and luckily nothing has gone missing.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Neighbors stand and feeder about 100 yards back....they may know something I don't. I just figured on that 75plus acres there are better spots but whatever works.
They probably done killed the sad daddy.
😉 20211211_122400.jpg