Hyde County Commissioners Have Picked the 10 Members for the Blind Law Committee

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
I know a few: Teddy Gibbs (Tadpole), Marco Gibbs (not Marcus), Ray Touley (probably miss spelled), Randy Hignite, Adam Jones,

When I recall the others I will post them.

They have met a couple of times and are close to a recommendation.

shurshot

Six Pointer
Randy Hignite .....I knew him
from Greenville years ago. He and brother Darryl had a family real estate business in their name. Seems like he was into building and development also. I knew he liked to hunt and he wasn’t bashful when it came to talking about himself ....

Hyde, do you know him? Guess he has a residence there since he’s a committee member.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Cannot say I know him but I have met him.. He owns several very good impoundments in Hyde county and operates hunting clubs. He is now a Hyde county resident.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Update on the Blind Committee: Chase Lucker is the Chairman.. I do not know him, if anyone does it would be nice to know his background.

I have asked that the committee names and meeting notes be placed on the Hyde county web site.. Chis Nobles, the County Manager said they would so it should be available to all. The recommendation is close and I do nor think the majority of non Hyde county residents will like it.

kahunter

Six Pointer
Chase used to hunt public marsh pretty regularly. I would think he would be an advocate for public hunting. Havent seen him around in a few years though.
Hignite is a nice enough guy. He is 100% into impoundments down there. Not sure how he would go. I know he used to hunt the public water a little as well, usually early season, until they cut the early season hunting off on federal lands.

Inshore duck

Six Pointer
Chase Luker is one of the club managers for Dare to Hyde. He heads up their club membership and enrollment. I’m sure that’s a real impartial representative for keeping Hyde open to the general public, ie the people not paying Dare to Hyde 15,000 per season to hunt there. Makes as much sense as the 18 angry democrats on the Mueller inquiry.

kahunter

Six Pointer
Chase Luker is one of the club managers for Dare to Hyde. He heads up their club membership and enrollment. I’m sure that’s a real impartial representative for keeping Hyde open to the general public, ie the people not paying Dare to Hyde 15,000 per season to hunt there. Makes as much sense as the 18 angry democrats on the Mueller inquiry.
Did not know that. That cant be good. Hopefully he wont forget about public hunting.

Chase is a good guy, I have seen him go out of his way to help people that had no influence or no way to help him . I feel he is in a position that will not let him speak the way he really feels. I'm not a duck hunter but if I was I wouldn't count on that vote to keep public water open to the public

shurshot

Six Pointer

Here’s a link to the Hyde commissioner’s emails and phone numbers. I would strongly encourage everyone to keep letting them know that any resolution they decide on must be fair and impartial to all people involved. If they say this a safety issue, then they need to show independent ballistic data on distances and energy waterfowl loads produce. None of this 500 yard BS, it all needs to be legit ...if it needs to be anything at all.

And I agree. Looks like the fox guarding the hen house but I hope I’m wrong.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
The important thing to do is to contact the Representative and Senator representing Hyde county. One of these two will have present and sponsor the bill in the legislature. It will have to get committee approval and then pass a vote of the full house and senate. Also start contacting your local legislature and let them know about the theft of public rights a small group of Hyde commissioners and landowners are trying to pull off.