Hurricanes

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just a temp thing to get through the year given canada travel restrictions..but I do wish the would go back to the historical division names.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Its funny.. I travel too much for work to have season tix most of the time.. finally in a situation where I am not traveling at all, can afford the tix and they won't let me go.. soon as they start letting us in the building again, I will be back on the road..

Shaky game in places last night against a mediocre (and I am being generous I think) Redwings team. seemed to play a bit better down the stretch. I hope we do not get into this pattern of throwing 40 or 50 shots on goal to get 2 in the back of the net.. (empty netters don't count in my mind, statistically)

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yup I got the TV stuff switched so I could watch and got to see one game before it shut down. Hopefully it will be back Thursday.

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Man the Canes have won some good games the past 3, even without some players.. not sure about Mrasec - hope he’s back soon.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mrazk broke or dislocated his thumb, you can see it in replays. Yes the really are playing to their moto "next man up".

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Mrazk broke or dislocated his thumb, you can see it in replays. Yes the really are playing to their moto "next man up".

That is better than a wrist which is what it looked like at the time. But yes if they can keep this up they will be very dangerous.. those are the two finalist from last year that they beat in 3 straight.. and I will be honest.. I did not like our chances in the shootout last night.

Eubanks01

Eight Pointer
I tell you I'm happy with how they are looking so far. Just wish we could go to some of the games. Especially since I bought me and my son season tickets this year.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Glad to see Staal is back on his game. Brock McGinn is on fire. Just need to get Martin Necas healthy and back on the ice.

Jim

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Dallas is probably seeing Hurricanes in their nightmares. And Jordan Staal with another goal! The 'Canes gave Dallas an unnecessary point in that game. When Aho tried to go behind the back pass to Teravainen with an empty net and Dallas stole the puck & went the other way to score with under a minute left was a bad play on Aho's part. He makes so many quality plays the rest of the time, I won't hold it against him. Believe that Rod BrindAmour will have something to say about it though. I'm pretty sure that was the first time the Hurricanes won in a back to back series this year. I hope they keep it going.

Jim

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yup no need to give them that point.... hopefully at the end of the season we won't regret it.

Eubanks01

Eight Pointer
Seems that with the Canes small mistakes generally let to a goal for the other team. Hopefully they can get it worked out. Otherwise looking good!

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I believe the Blue Jacket's first two goals made the Hurricanes mad. Columbus was up 3-1 in the second, then Carolina rolled off 6 unanswered goals. Brock McGinn and Jordan Staal with a pair. Teuvo Teravanien with a goal and 3 assists as well/ Nice team effort. Keep it rolling.

Hurricanes play Florida in Raleigh tomorrow 2-17-21 @ 5:00 p.m. start.

Jim

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Another win against the Blackhawks. Nino Niederreiter with two goals and 1 assist to lead the Hurricanes in scoring (9 goals!) for the season. Wow, how dialed in is he? Vincent Trocheck with another goal & Martin Necas also lights the lamp. Jaccob Slavin adds an empty net goal for his first of the season to go along with an assist. James Reimer with another win in net, his 8th of the season!

Scheduling SNAFU puts Tampa in Raleigh tomorrow night instead of the Hawks again. The next four games are all against Tampa, two here and 2 there, then back to back against Florida makes for a tough stretch.

Keep it rolling Hurricanes!

Jim

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Discipline seems to be an issue on this team which surprises me.. they have got to figure out how to stay out of the dang box.. and so much of it is offensive zone stuff.. that will bite you in arse in the long run.

Last edited: