Hurricanes

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Canes win despite the refs BS calls. Nashville should get an Oscar for at least three dives. If you're going to call crap like that at least call matching penalties!!!!

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Amazing they won that considering they were on the penalty kill a good percentage of the game. I must admit I'm glad to see the Canes have really stepped up the physical aspects of the game..... they will need it even more if they advance on.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I'm always appalled at the poor quality NHL officiating when it gets to playoff time. I feel that if an infraction was called a penalty on day 1 of the season, it should also be called on the last game of the Cup Finals. Swallowing the whistle only gets more skilled players injured by less skilled players taking advantage of the situation/ system. Let's get some consistency going and make this sport the best it can be, Gary Bettman! If you want a brawl or street fighting, go to Mixed Martial Arts instead.

It is also kind of hard to believe that these are the "best" referees the NHL has to offer in their showcase event of the season. The zebras actually get graded on their performance by the League and earn jobs in playoff games. Makes me wonder how terrible they actually have to be at their job to get passed over in favor of some of these other clowns who are working the playoffs? SMDH.

Jim

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
WHen my wife complains about the refs, (actually this is the first few days I've ever heard her do so), you KNOW it's obvious!

Much fairer game so far today I'd say, but here comes OT 😟

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I bet it did.

My little one, who had to hit the shucks early after the second period, is gonna be thrilled when she gets up. Exams are this week so that’s gotta take precedence. Next game starts real late - I hate it cause she’s a huge fan..

Glad you got to see it!!
😎

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think the girl child and I scared the boy who was in his room studying for AP Exams today when that puck went in. The 9:30 start on Thursday is going to make for a long Friday at work.

They did not look very good for a lot of that game last night.. still cannot decide if I think it is about them being out of sink or if it is just a style matchup problem with Nashville. We have the more talented roster but seem to be rushing and gripping the sticks a little to tight..

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looking they will be allowing a full house for Round 2. If it goes to a Game 7 they will allow a full house if the can get the ventilation upgrades done in time.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Love to see the Hurricanes end this series tonight. Nashville will be doing their best to obstruct and clog up the neutral zone to slow the Hurricanes down. Hoping the 'Canes remember what got them there and use it to the maximum. Go Hurricanes!!!

Jim

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What an incredible series and win!!!! The NHL year in and year out has the best postseason in professional sports.

Agree.. but not so good for my blood pressure.. and their prize is the defending champs.. Good news is that the bottom of the bracket typically is a tough out because they have been in playoff mode for months just trying to get in.. and we might have been in the deepest division in the modified alignment.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nashville should have been out sooner, most of their goals came on Canes mistakes. If they can tighten up that and fix the power play we'll see The Cup lifted again.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
What an incredible series and win!!!! The NHL year in and year out has the best postseason in professional sports.

While I agree, I think the NHL needs to start considering starting their season earlier in the fall so the Stanley Cup final isn't being played in July. Something weird about playing a sport on ice when the temperatures in most NHL cities are above 80F.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
While I agree, I think the NHL needs to start considering starting their season earlier in the fall so the Stanley Cup final isn't being played in July. Something weird about playing a sport on ice when the temperatures in most NHL cities are above 80F.

Starting when they do minimizes the overlap with football and basketball (played in the same arenas) but agree that they should be done in early June at least.. but I don't care about the weather, but more about the recovery time for the teams in the finals.. these guys finish in Mid to late June and are back at camp in 8 to 10 weeks... the sport is brutal on the body and that ain't enough rest.