Hurricanes

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yup it.was.a good game. Injuries may cause.them issues coming down the stretch but hopefully not.

Eubanks01

Eight Pointer
Wish I lived closer. I'd be at more games for sure. Looking forward to making some of the playoff games.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Good game .....Aho with the hat trick..... hard to believe only 2 more home games. .... season is coming to an end sooooonnnn

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We enjoyed match Thursday nite except for score. Daughter got to see Abby and Shane and was thrilled - not a bigger Caniac in the building than her.
You know, even though the Canes are good, by listening to NBC hockey talking heads, you only hear about Boston, Vegas, Washington and even Tampa and Florida and Edmonton etc.

I guess the term no respect comes to mind. Am I just a homer or does anyone else get that impression?

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Carolina never has thus "Redneck Hockey " and "Bunch of Jerks" are some phrases from the past that come to mind. No doubt Carolina has built a phenomenal team the question is can they make it all the way to the end and still be standing? Unlike most of the other teams Carolina didn't really pick anyone up to beef themselves up. Let's see if that works. I'm a Bruins fan first so for the sake of peace in my house I hope they don't have to face each other. I'm looking forward to the playoffs.

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
I have enjoyed going back to the games. Glad tailgating is back. My other half will be happy when Miller Lite is an option again! We played like hot garbage Thursday night. Saturday was not as bad, the Preds just wanted it more. We bought playoff tickets as we don't know when we will be in them again........

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Will see what they look like tonight.. neither team really playing for anything. Presidents trophy was there for the taking and it looks like Vegas will get that.

Eubanks01

Eight Pointer
I have enjoyed going back to the games. Glad tailgating is back. My other half will be happy when Miller Lite is an option again! We played like hot garbage Thursday night. Saturday was not as bad, the Preds just wanted it more. We bought playoff tickets as we don't know when we will be in them again........
I get my turn to by them Tomorrow. Hopefully there are some strips left.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
bunch of the big boys did not play last night.. they simply were not interested.. they had lost the presidents trophy in the last game.. nothing to play for.. I did not let last night bother me other than how bad we looked in goal.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Hurricanes didn't have anything to prove. They already clinched top spot in the Central, so they had nothing to play for. RBA said the President's trophy was irrelevant. It made sense to allow the big guns to rest & give youngsters more opportunity. I guarantee the Hurricanes will play better against Nashville the next time they play each other.

Jim

Eubanks01

Eight Pointer
Was lucky enough to put my name on a waiting list for tickets. Got the call today that we got tickets for round 1. Sec 111 Row VV seats 9 and 10. My son is ecstatic.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Was lucky enough to put my name on a waiting list for tickets. Got the call today that we got tickets for round 1. Sec 111 Row VV seats 9 and 10. My son is ecstatic.

Ought to be great fun. Even at reduced capacity, that building will rock at playoff time.

Jim

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Anyone heard when the games start? Got to figure when I bail on these northern birds and fly south

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anyone heard when the games start? Got to figure when I bail on these northern birds and fly south
Start date has not be determined due to regular season extension due to Covid reschedules. They are concerned starting some of the series too early will lead to a scenario where some teams will get a LOT more rest coming out of the Divisional rounds (1 and 2) into the Cup rounds thus creating a competitive disadvantage for the teams that had more postponements.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Start date has not be determined due to regular season extension due to Covid reschedules. They are concerned starting some of the series too early will lead to a scenario where some teams will get a LOT more rest coming out of the Divisional rounds (1 and 2) into the Cup rounds thus creating a competitive disadvantage for the teams that had more postponements.
So then why was the Boston Washington series set days ago?

Last edited: