Hunting shows.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
How about we just let people hunt how they want? Just because you may not like it doesn't mean its not valid, legal and hunting. Being an elitist who decides what everyone else should do is a large part of why the sport is dying.

If its legal, leave it alone.
I don’t think it’s about hunting, it’s about TV. I don’t have a problem with them hunting like that. But I do have a problem with them making a 20 minute tv show brand integration product placement in a way that’s potentially counterproductive to for hunters.

We as hunters are all in this boat together, and that means that passengers and crew need to kindly refrain from drilling holes through the hull.

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
I just miss the shows from many years ago that talked about hunting, strategies, deer behavior. Today most are just about the kill, and not the hunt. Not knocking the style of hunting, but the style of the show.

This is why I pretty much only watch YouTube hunting shows now. I can find what I want.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
I watch a couple of YouTube channels of hounds burning up the woods after bear or rabbit. Tried to get into some of the big name deer hunting channels but all the product placement/hype is tiresome. I seem to always end up at the same conclusion when I’m watching another man hunt on a screen…..if I got time to be doing this, I could very well be outdoors and doing something myself

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
I just miss the shows from many years ago that talked about hunting, strategies, deer behavior. Today most are just about the kill, and not the hunt. Not knocking the style of hunting, but the style of the show.

This is why I pretty much only watch YouTube hunting shows now. I can find what I want.
Those shows were great. It’s amazing how funny they look now in comparison.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
a lot of folks hunt the way they do because of other limitations. Land access, property size and location.

Just be happy they are getting outdoors.

I have a very small area to hunt presently. I know there are public areas around, but I've never hunted deer that way before. Always been confined by property boundaries and safety zones.

I use corn. But I also don't hold deer where I hunt. Shooting window is small.
If it gets real wet, 90% of my window floods.

There are more factors to hunting areas that dictate style than anything. Just hunt the way you want it can. There are a lot worse shows, you could be watching the news...🙄

At least they don't dog hunt! 😁🤣😜 :stir: :fishing:

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
a lot of folks hunt the way they do because of other limitations. Land access, property size and location.

Just be happy they are getting outdoors.

I have a very small area to hunt presently. I know there are public areas around, but I've never hunted deer that way before. Always been confined by property boundaries and safety zones.

I use corn. But I also don't hold deer where I hunt. Shooting window is small.
If it gets real wet, 90% of my window floods.

There are more factors to hunting areas that dictate style than anything. Just hunt the way you want it can. There are a lot worse shows, you could be watching the news...🙄

At least they don't dog hunt! 😁🤣😜 :stir: :fishing:
I’ve got a cousin by marriage who only hunts high fence. Will not hunt any other way. He kills some monsters but not for me. I really don’t have issues with how others hunt. All my friends bait. I’ve actually baited for 3 months one time on a small piece I had permission with. It’s like your drawers it’s up to you. It’s the perception and influence it has.

Im more bothered about the commercials they show now a days on tv. With all the gay men kissing and what not on these aids drugs and dating apps commercials Disgusting. There are a lot of things that bug me on tv. Huntings shows are the least of them.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
Im more bothered about the commercials they show now a days on tv. With all the gay men kissing and what not on these aids drugs and dating apps commercials Disgusting. There are a lot of things that bug me on tv. Huntings shows are the least of them.
This is a very good point. Thank you

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Those shows were great. It’s amazing how funny they look now in comparison.
Jimminy Cricket! I miss the old Roger Raglin shows. Roger even mentioned the Lord on occasion & sometimes had youth on the program that killed less than trophy deer. Heaven forbid!😯 I dont bother to watch the hunting & fishing shows on TV anymore w/ the exception of recording Carolina Outdoors every week.

Jimminy Cricket! I miss the old Roger Raglin shows. Roger even mentioned the Lord on occasion & sometimes had youth on the program that killed less than trophy deer. Heaven forbid!😯 I dont bother to watch the hunting & fishing shows on TV anymore w/ the exception of recording Carolina Outdoors every week.
Its Jimminy Christmas! LOL! I Liked Raglins shows as well. But I get the concept of having to pay the bills as well. Sometimes thats done by promoting products. As far as Carolina shows and the S.E. In general I like Redferns shows especially the cooking segment. Red Arrow is probably my favorite. Kip Cracks me up and always makes it fun. Which is why I hunt bottom line. Its fun to me and I enjoy the heck out of it.

Last edited:

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
That misses the point. How a dating app choses to advertise will have no effect on my hunting and fishing. How someone perceives those that represent outdoorsman is a valid concern.