Hunting public land

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
There’s no way I’d leave my decoys on public land. Not to many people would be as honest as you were and would have them some more decoys in their bag.

Honesty is a very important part of life for me. Not to mention I have any room for more gear and probably need to get rid some. There are three oversized bags in the rafters not in this pic.

Screenshot_20200719-222845_Photos.jpg

TH80

Eight Pointer
I would have left the decoys too. I don’t want anyone taking my stuff and I wouldn’t take theirs. I thought I had a lot of stuff but I’d say you have me beat lol. That’s a nice looking dog too

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
I thought I had a lot of stuff but I’d say you have me beat lol. That’s a nice looking dog too

Thanks for the compliment on the puppy. This was a couple of years ago before he filled out good.

As for the gear, I have a few long line sets and a couple of "redneck" net rigs for hunting divers. I haven't been in a couple of years so they have been sitting. Have been swamp hunting for the most part lately.

TH80

Eight Pointer
Nothing like hunting swamps in my opinion but they’re getting hard to come by. I’ve never duck hunted any public land but if it keeps getting harder to find private swamps I may have to try it. I do hunt the coast some but the weather wind and waves have to be right for me to go there

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
From a very practical perspective, With all the rain we’ve been having id be afraid of the water rising and taking my decoys away. I got real wet one morning at Jordan lake when the water rose during my hunt enough to lift a couple decoy weights off the bottom.

countryboy2441

Button Buck
I duck and deer hunt public land. I haven't seen any decoys left but have run across quite a few nice climbing and lock on stands. I have always left them where I found them as I have had a couple stands stolen and was beyond pissed. If everyone was honest and polite hunting public land would be a whole lot better.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk