Hunting Property in Allegheny Co

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
It is with great sadness that I have come to the conclusion that I can no longer enjoy the deer hunting on property I lease in Allegheny Co, N.C. Basically the effects of exposure to Agent Orange in Viet Nam has taken its tole and my stability is such that I can no longer take the risks nor could I retrieve any deer I might kill on most of the farm. I have discussed this with the property owner and told her that I would post the information on this forum to see if there is anyone interested in leasing the property. She agreed with that action. It's approximately 58 acres located at Topia and Allen Road near Piney Creek. Over the years I have maintained trails for travel on foot as well as on an ATV. The owner is agreeable to my use of an ATV. Also baiting is acceptable.

I respectfully request that only serious and respectable individuals apply because the owner has been very cooperative and agreeable with my brother and I since 1998.

Up front I will tell you this is the farm where I had one of my most memorable and famous encounters with my "pet grouse" It was entirely wild but for some strange reason became a constant companion when I went hunting there or rode the ATV on the farm. It became so comfortable with me that one day it joined me in my tree stand and actually perched on the barrel of my rifle. I'm sure I posted photos on this forum of that particular encounter and a search should reveal not only that photo but other photos of deer taken at the farm. Over those years we have taken many, many deer, some of them huge by N.C. standards. We have also taken several nice gobblers, several bobcats and coyotes. Although we never actually saw any bears while hunting on the property nor did we hunt for them I have many, many game camera photos and videos of several different black bears. Some were huge and some were with small cubs. On one location on the farm there are lots of rock formations which IMO provided lots of "paces" that should be adequate for bear dens/hibernation.

It consists of two tracts of property split by Allen Road. Property has some open but overgrown fields, a stream runs thru close to the center of the property and there are three all weather springs/branches and a couple of wet weather springs on the property. There is some fairly level ground as well as some steep ground. Part of the property was clear cut about 2004 and later replanted in white pines and it also has lots of black pines whose seeds are attractive to squirrels. There are areas of abundant laurels and also several white oak trees at different locations on the property. Also there is an old abandoned apple orchard with a half dozen apple trees still bearing. There are three locations where parking a vehicle is accessible next to the highway. Also there is an old abandoned apple orchard with a half dozen apple trees still bearing. There are three locations where parking a vehicle is accessible next to the highway. Also there is an old abandoned apple orchard with a half dozen apple trees still bearing. There are three locations where parking a vehicle is accessible next to the highway.

As an added bonus there is a gas station (often has bags of corn cheaper that about any other place) and a very popular restaurant (unfortunately only open Fri/Sat/Sun) both located less than 2 miles from the farm. If you try he restaurant be sure to try their blackberry cobbler with or without some ice cream. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:love::love::love:

It is really sad that I must give up this property but I can no longer properly hunt this farm. I have to admit this farm needs to be hunted and enjoyed like I have enjoyed it the past many years.

Anyone seriously interested PM me and I will provide you with the owners contact information.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I have started getting PM's and have answered all of them but a pop up tells me that I can't reply to PM's because of some setting. If anyone has sent a PM and has not received a response please send again with your phone number and I will call you. I prefer not to post the owners name and phone number on the general forums. I have contacted the administrators for help in correcting the problem. Sorry for any inconvenience.

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Thank you for your service sir. I hope you can maintain some level of outdoor enjoyment.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Hate to hear you can't hunt it anymore, but awful nice of you to post the info here.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Same here I hate to hear you having to give the place up but I know you have ton memories I would imagine the grouse being near top list

duckhunterwst

Eight Pointer
Sure hate to hear this for you. Very kind of you to post this though. As others have said thank you for your service.

hurricanepeppers

Six Pointer
I'm interested. I can't send you a PM though. Not sure y. Is there another way to contact u? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I hate it for you larry.
I saw my dad struggle while hunting for years because of the effects of Agent Orange.
Thank you for your service

muzzymomentless

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Yeah it was on the high side but I was hoping to pick it up. It's fairly close to my house and hunting property is hard to come by around here and more. Just lost my main hunting property after this past season. Land owner passed away.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I think I have responded to everyone who has sent a PM. As stated I have no involvement other than trying to get the word out that the property was available and providing the contact info to those from whom I received a PM. I wasnt aware of the price the owner is asking and I haven't talked with her to determine if anyone has leased the property . Any transactions is strictly between the property owner and the person/s leasing the property. I have heard the price the owner has allegedly been offered but I do not know which individual made the offer. The alleged offer was not the amount I was paying but that was between the owner and I and I had held the lease since 1998.

nuclearguard

Button Buck
I would appreciate any information you can provide about the alleghany property lease, property owners address, phone number etc. Thanks.

Southern

Ten Pointer
I have spoken with the owner. She is collecting written offers and has several over $2000. I am not sure she is what is known as "motivated" to do anything. Very nice lady and smart with real estate but not going to be easy to put this one together.