Hunting light..

Bluedogman

Six Pointer
Has anybody ever built a light for hunting. I’ve been looking in to making a head lamp capable of lighting up a tree for treed coons I know there are plenty of dealers that sales lights just wanted to try and make my own. Having trouble finding parts and supplies to do so. Also looking to go led along with red and white beam

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I did, it didn't have different color LEDs. It was back before the lower voltage they use now. It was an 18V LED I still have it and it is super bright. I use it in my boat now. The good point of it is it has a rheostat and you can dim the output.

I went to a sunspot several years ago as I like the convenience of the super light unit and it does have a built in green, read and amber light.

Bluedogman

Six Pointer
I did, it didn't have different color LEDs. It was back before the lower voltage they use now. It was an 18V LED I still have it and it is super bright. I use it in my boat now. The good point of it is it has a rheostat and you can dim the output.

I went to a sunspot several years ago as I like the convenience of the super light unit and it does have a built in green, read and amber light.

did you buy the head from sunspot?
I have seen some now running around 4 volts
mall I’m trying to do is build a good light with out have $300+ In it ya know

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
did you buy the head from sunspot?
I have seen some now running around 4 volts
mall I’m trying to do is build a good light with out have $300+ In it ya know
No, the one I built was on an old K-Light head. The one I have now is a factory rig.