Hunting land or lease

Davidhjames123

Button Buck
Does anyone know of any lease land in or around rockingham county nc? It's getting harder to find anyone to grant permission in this area.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Trust me friend. It is a question that is asked all the time, from all corners of the state. if there were any known places available, the wouldn't be. Best advice is hit the county GIS site, locate what looks good to you and then make contact. Don't get disappointed because it will probably be a long process. Persevere and you may get lucky. Some do.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Getting? Permission is basically impossible in alot of places and I would assume thats one of the counties it's very difficult to find land in.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

ABBD

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Does anyone know of any lease land in or around rockingham county nc? It's getting harder to find anyone to grant permission in this area.

Permission and leasing land are two different things... what are you looking for?

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You can always ask Santa Claus:p
..... Rockingham county is booked up.
I knew this was coming when my mother lived in Madison 15 years ago.
I was lucky enough to find a deal on some land up there in 2012. I hate it for you but the cost of land has jumped the last year up in Rockingham county. Gonna be hard to find any land unless you have deep pockets.
Land leasing is gonna get worse unfortunately. Rockingham county is now just as high per acre as Halifax and Northampton county.

Last edited:

Davidhjames123

Button Buck
I live in stoneville about 15 mi north of Madison and the land has gotten so overpriced due the 73 bypass. It has become convenient for some and a lot of developers are buying up all of the large parcels along 220

Reactions: jug

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I live in stoneville about 15 mi north of Madison and the land has gotten so overpriced due the 73 bypass. It has become convenient for some and a lot of developers are buying up all of the large parcels along 220
Yeah I have noticed the land prices have jumped by 2 to 3000 an acre in the last year. I have also noticed that alot more land is up for sell in Rockingham county in the last year. The 35 acres I bought outside of Stoneville in 2012 was a deal compared to now. I would not be able to afford it now.

Last edited: