Hunting land conditions

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
How has everyone's land handled the wet stretch? Talked to a club member and he said half our club that was recently logged is one big swampy mess. Some other areas are doing ok with better drainage but most areas east of I-95 with the exception of Wilson and far western Pitt counties have had at least 12+ inches of rain with many having 15+. At my house I'm just under 20 inches since July 1st. Dreading the mosquito season that could be horrible with that much water.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
My corner of northern Granville is pretty much a dust bowl. Sure don't want what downeast NC has had but a little more would have been nice.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
My corner of northern Granville is pretty much a dust bowl. Sure don't want what downeast NC has had but a little more would have been nice.

My yards a hot mess. Septic tank has had issues with draining but thankfully that got better quickly.

50% chance of rain for the next 7 days down here so who knows how much we end up with again.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

Same here in Warren County, seems like every time it rains it misses us. Wouldn't hurt us at all to get some rain, and hopefully that will happen today.

MtnMan

Ten Pointer
Pouring rain here right now. We've had more rain this summer than the last 3 years combined. Seems like all I do is cut grass.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
On my piece in Caswell the wet weather actually helped bring a couple of cow pea plots back in a big way. We were planning on replanting them , after all the rain they’ve recovered in a big way.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Getting plenty round here chance bout every day. I don't hunt fields or food plots so unless it see owns the mast should be ok except for tufted out roads

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Got more rain at my house but it should miss the club. Our problem is half the club has been logged and the rest is deep rowed out big pines. In between the rows is a foot or so deep and holds water terrible.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Same here, we got about half an inch too.

In spoke to soon. Storm blew up right over the club. If we don't see a break here in eastern NC I'll be forced to end up reducing my hunting spots to roads and any high ground. It starts to bunch up hunters at that point.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Radar looking ominous for water logged areas east of 95. Good heavy soaking rains moving through again.