Hunters moon!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
This full moon has them stirring... was coming back to camp in Va at 10:30pm and ride up on two 8pointers in middle of paved road that were reluctant to move even once I stopped.

1 was a good heavy 8 and the other was spindly. As the heavy one started back into the woods he dropped his head and locked horns briefly with the other. I figured just a “get out of my way” gesture.

UNTIL ... went by slowly (window down) and heard limbs and sticks popping ... immediately off side of road they were locked up going at it!

60 more yards up paved road... guess what stood? A lone mature doe

Reckon she is coming in early?

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That’s always exciting to see them up and moving. I’ve hunted places in the past where deer could be seen after dark and it was always exciting to see the bucks start showing up.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yesterday evening was my first hunt of the year. I had a piebald come in very cautiously. She didn’t get close enough to shoot with my bow until it was to dark for an ethical shot. Upon leaving, I noticed the moon.

cheapdate

Eight Pointer
I watched what looked like a doe try to mount another doe. I'm thinking it was a buck with no antlers, which can happen but rarely.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i was surprised saturday to see a group of five and another group of four up and casually moving along on the edge of good bedding areas. 9:30 and 9:45 am.
As much as I value moon position as an indicator of activity the deer have other ideas. :)

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Saw a little 4 pt pushing does around the yard this morning. Nothing serious just investigating enough for them not to like his advances. Sitting on the deck eating lunch 3 bucks came across neighbors yard together. Think cooler weather has em fires up a little.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Saw a little 4 pt pushing does around the yard this morning. Nothing serious just investigating enough for them not to like his advances. Sitting on the deck eating lunch 3 bucks came across neighbors yard together. Think cooler weather has em fires up a little.
lunch, full moon , three bucks. Order is restored to deer movement. :)