Hunt Lease Available

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hi folks, new to the forum, but definitely not to the outdoors/hunting/fishing. My family owns this tract and I'm the lucky guy that gets to manage the leases. Mike, thanks for your diligence over the years and the handoff on this. Gonna miss the work you did buddy!

I have replied to everyone that has emailed me. If I missed someone, please shoot me a PM and I'll get right back to you. Thank you!
Mike is a great guy that shoots you straight, managing a lease is tough, I promise it will be the lowest paying job you can apply for but it can be rewarding by the people you meet. I'll help anyway I can welcome to the forum.

Southern

Ten Pointer
Thanks for the kind words Sam and Tommy.

Just wanted to add, the only reason I stepped away from managing this lease is because I am getting out of the management business after over 2 decades . The ONLY reason I am doing that is because I am to the point of some worry about liability. As the broker who managed this lease and a number of thousands of acres for others, I did have some exposure and that worry has built over the years. As Tommy said, it is not a high paying job and for a few hundred bucks per lease each year, the profit did not warrant the potential liability. I do still manage my own personal land for lease and of course still love to put purchase deals together for buyers and sellers even though I don't list land anymore.

I have thoroughly enjoyed all of my land clients over the years and have met many good people along the way, including Sam (the owner of the land in this thread) Tommy and many others. I will continue to try to bird dog leases for friends and for guys here on this site, just not going to have my name on the line anymore.

Thanks and ya'll don't hesitate to holler if you need any guidance on hunting land, I love to talk about land!

Last edited:

Goatdown

Button Buck
There is a lease company that I know has properties for 9.50 / acre in SC right now. My lease is just over 8 an acre.