Hunt Lease Available

Southern

Ten Pointer
Just to prove that the newbies are not all crazy for posting their first post looking for a lease.......

Here is one for you, my freebie for the day

154 acres Ellerbe, NC Richmond County

$22 per acre
All Pine Plantation, Long Leaf and Loblolly, 15-20 years old
Pond
Good internal roads
Road Front
Joins game lands (good and bad obviously)
Long term lease preferred
PM me and I will forward the owners info to you. I am not the agent on this deal, just a friendly pass along for the owner, whom I know.

PS I dont live on the internet. If I dont respond to your immediate needs the second you push the button, be patient.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Curious, has anyone ever hunted a strictly Longleaf & Loblolly pine plantation w/ no hardwoods or hardwood bottoms. How was the deer harvest? This would probably be a good affordable lease w/ $ split between 3 hunters, if it holds a sizeable deer population.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Curious, has anyone ever hunted a strictly Longleaf & Loblolly pine plantation w/ no hardwoods or hardwood bottoms. How was the deer harvest? This would probably be a good affordable lease w/ $ split between 3 hunters, if it holds a sizeable deer population.

That area is mostly a dog club area I think. I may be wrong though. There used to be a club in the area outside of Norman named "Silver Tip" I visited there a couple times years ago.

Guy that ran it was named Kevin Porter IIRC.

Pretty decent club too. Lots of critters.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I grew up hunting 1,000’s of acres of all pines in Ga. When I was younger(high school/college age) I could tag out
(10-12 deer) on “deer” with no problem. More often than not killed a decent buck along the way.

Outdoorsman252

Four Pointer
22 bucks an acre is very high ( kinda like the ammo and gun prices now)
I really wish people wouldn't pay such high rates cause it only drives up the price for everyone else. But if he gets it, that land owner will be laughing all the way to the bank

Southern

Ten Pointer
Camp land or pines is generally going for anywhere from 10 to 14 an acre depending on location
Nope. I manage about 5000 acres of pine land in central NC and the cheapest I have is $20 per acre and that is all priced by the market (we take bids). The highest I have is $43 per acre. I am getting out of the management business and this tract is one I have managed for 6 years. The market brought $22 on it 6 years ago, the owner is not going up at this point.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
After declaring, I would never join another hunting club after an unsavory incident in a SC hunt club I had been in for 23 years. I broke my promise. A fellow from church invited me & my best friend to join a club off Hwy 73 between Mt Gilead & Ellerbe. This was not presented to us @ 1st but it seems everyone had their own personal neck of woods & they wanted you to ask permission if you could hunt there even if they were not hunting. That was not in the cards for me. Lesson learned: try to know exactly what you are getting into before joining.

Southern

Ten Pointer
150 acres at a grand an acre comes to around 450 a month plus intrest on a 30 year loan
I think we have been over this before it seems?? 150 x 1000 is about $1100 per month. You cant get a 30 year loan on land, unless you have a special relationship with a bank. Plus PLEASE PLEAASE PLEAASE send me some longleaf land for a grand per acre. I will buy ALL OF IT TONIGHT!!!!

Southern

Ten Pointer
There are hardwoods drains, bottomland and creeks on the tract. Most is planted but there are edges throughout

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Btw, I multiplied wrong. $3308/annual year is not exactly cheap for many of us, but as stated above, it is not an unusual amount for the going price on leases nowadays. They get whatever someone is willing to pay. We paid $4/acre for a beautiful 3000+ tract near Ridgeway, SC in the mid 80's. I was the only Turkey hunter on the lease until the mid 90's. Those were the good ol' days.

Southern

Ten Pointer
Its just interesting to me that people accept the price of everything else being 4x what is was 20 years ago but let somebody try to get a market price for hunting land and the owner or the agent then becomes the devil. I guess inflation does not apply to deer hunters.

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Its just interesting to me that people accept the price of everything else being 4x what is was 20 years ago but let somebody try to get a market price for hunting land and the owner or the agent then becomes the devil. I guess inflation does not apply to deer hunters.

Not to everyone. Although the price was more than I can afford at the moment, it's fair especially when you consider outside websites like Base Camp and Outdoor Access. Plus, although I don't know you personally, I do know others on here that speak highly of you. That's better than reaching out to some random Craigslist guy. Appreciate the "freebie" of the day.