Hunt Club.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I just gave up 3 leases in the area. 2 in Stanly county and 1 in Cabarrus County.

The owner said he had a waiting list 25+ long

Hevi 13. Anson

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Been hearing of some openings in Anson but it looks like $2k will get you in a lease. plus feed,food plots and stands. Not for the faint of heart. PM me if interested, I'll forward info.

Ex Military

Eight Pointer
If I can ask, where was the one in Cabarrus County ? I’d be very interested with that. Or if you can give me a way to contact the owner of that land. Or either of them really
I just gave up 3 leases in the area. 2 in Stanly county and 1 in Cabarrus County.

The owner said he had a waiting list 25+ long

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If I can ask, where was the one in Cabarrus County ? I’d be very interested with that. Or if you can give me a way to contact the owner of that land. Or either of them really
As @woodmoose said, there’s already a waiting list, so I’m going to guess that it’s already leased. I’ll make a phone call, and ask for you, but I’ll not inundate the owner with unwarranted calls.

you wanting to be "potential leaser" #30?

hclaye25

Four Pointer
Keep checking Charlotte's Craigslist. Type "Hunt Club" in the search bar. I think there is one club listed right know. Usually there a couple of postings in February.

HarryNC

Eight Pointer
As I've said in other threads, most clubs will be asking current members for a deposit to re-up this time of year. If current members drop out, the club will go to their waiting lists. I don't know of any clubs that have spots open for more than a few weeks. Do some internet searches, contact a few clubs in your area, and get on their waiting lists. Going to a club work day before joining would give you an idea about how the club operates, and may get you some brownie points.

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
You should start seeing some pop up on Craigslist soon. Facebook Marketplace will sometimes have them as well. Being in Charlotte as well, you'll most likely see a lot of SC clubs/leases. You probably already know this, but that'll mean an out of state license and if I remember correctly is about $300 or so, definitely adds to the budget. You do get a longer season in SC, though.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If you find one without a wait list, probably not worth it as there is a reason for not having a waiting list. Most good still hunting clubs have a decent waiting list. Best thing is to call and get on waiting lists of clubs you are interested in. Would be much easier to find a club if you would be willing to drive east but I understand the reason not to.

Ex Military

Eight Pointer
If you find one without a wait list, probably not worth it as there is a reason for not having a waiting list. Most good still hunting clubs have a decent waiting list. Best thing is to call and get on waiting lists of clubs you are interested in. Would be much easier to find a club if you would be willing to drive east but I understand the reason not to.
True

Ex Military

Eight Pointer
You should start seeing some pop up on Craigslist soon. Facebook Marketplace will sometimes have them as well. Being in Charlotte as well, you'll most likely see a lot of SC clubs/leases. You probably already know this, but that'll mean an out of state license and if I remember correctly is about $300 or so, definitely adds to the budget. You do get a longer season in SC, though.
You certainly do get a longer season, and i use a rifle only and have all my life. I tried 1 time with a bow and shot at a deer one time and missed and decided then i wouldn't try it again.