Hunger Stones

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Wow..as early as 1417. “if you see me, weep.” . Makes it sound as if it was bad...probably was.

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
That's cool! Those stones show just how young this country is. We don't stand a chance at getting as old as the markings on these stones unfortunately unless things change drastically.

Used to always laugh walking around villages in EU and seeing houses a couple hundred years older than the US.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
That's cool! Those stones show just how young this country is. We don't stand a chance at getting as old as the markings on these stones unfortunately unless things change drastically.
Neither did the people that made those markings. If you go back to 1417, the people that made those markings would have been citizens of 7 different countries depending how you wish to count it. Kingdom of Bohemia, Holy Roman Empire, Prussia, Austria, Austria-Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Germany (sort of,) Czechoslovakia again, Czech Republic...

SomeHuntingGuy

Eight Pointer
Used to always laugh walking around villages in EU and seeing houses a couple hundred years older than the US.
In the BENELUX area of Europe I was running on an old road, surrounded by farm fields, and I came up on an old grave stone monument looking thing. I stopped and inspected it and could barely read the year on it: 1776. That thing had seen a lot of history, but was still relatively young by local standards. I’ll never forget it, because it was the only thing around and it matched the US birthday.

…wild that there’s a European drought. I hadn’t heard of it, but was well-aware of the crazy high energy prices over there. Thanks for sharing.