Huge Female Pileated Woodpecker came swooping into the back yard...

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Years ago was turkey hunting and sitting near an old rotten log...right at the end of my foot. One of them ole boogers came swooping in and pecked himself to death for a long time. Never knew I was there and I just sat there and enjoyed the show.....ole what God can throw in your lap sometimes and you just sit there and soak it all in.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Similar memory...sitting down leaning against a tree deer hunting...one landed at the top of an adjacent dead tree and showered me with debris for about 10 minutes, LOL

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Similar memory...sitting down leaning against a tree deer hunting...one landed at the top of an adjacent dead tree and showered me with debris for about 10 minutes, LOL
Have had that happen a couple times in the swamp. They'll find an old rotten snag and fire up that jackhammer, throwing debris all over the place.

Great pic and rare opportunity.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Have had that happen a couple times in the swamp. They'll find an old rotten snag and fire up that jackhammer, throwing debris all over the place.

Great pic and rare opportunity.
I know the design of birds must keep all that jack-hammering from bothering them but I swear, you'd think doing that for a living would have some effect on their neck, their brain, etc...but apparently not :oops:

Last edited: