How was your opening day?

Barpit76

Spike
So, I am returning to hunting after several years and I couldn't wait to get into the woods Saturday! I'm hunting Fort Bragg as I didn't act quick enough on the leases I saw earlier in the year. I have to share how stupid my opening morning was. Fort Bragg doesn't allow hunters to leave the paved roads until 90 mins before sunrise which in theory leaves plenty of time to get into your stand unless you're stupid.....and I was. LOL First I completely didn't trust my app because the signal was weak so I thought it hadn't updated properly and I ended up parking 400 yds away from my planned parking. Then I spent several minutes walking to my stand (which took twice as long since I parked a half-mile away!) Somehow I found the tree I planned on using and climbed to about 12 feet and waited on sunlight only to find out I was facing the wrong direction!!!! lol All in all it was a good morning I didn't harvest a deer but I spent the morning in the woods alone and I enjoyed laughing at my own stupidity. Hopefully you guys have some success stories to share!