How To Troll For Crappie - Tutorial!

lukedh94

Button Buck
Hey Guys!

With the fishing a little slow during the winter months - Crappie provide a good species to target because their bodies don't slow down as much in cold water as compared to bass and other game fish. In this video, we show how to troll a lake and find/catch crappie. Hope it's helpful and have a good day yall!

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
their bodies dont slow down?
Arent they fish?
you may have a scientific break thru on your hands.
He isn't wrong. Crappie would actively feed through the winter and ice fishermen target them. Not so much bass. Bass pretty much go lethargic, and are very hard to catch. Same is true of flathead catfish, but not channel catfish.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
He isn't wrong. Crappie would actively feed through the winter and ice fishermen target them. Not so much bass. Bass pretty much go lethargic, and are very hard to catch. Same is true of flathead catfish, but not channel catfish.
sorry i cannot speak to ice fishing but if you think open water bass go lethargic and are very hard to catch you are dead wrong.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Harder to catch. The cold slows their metabolism, sends them deeper on the whole.
well rather than argue with me check out some infishermen magazine articles on NORTHERN cold water bass.
they have destroyed the whole deep and impossible myth up there and i thought everyone in the south knew better.

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I will agree fish slow down to a point. you need to find them on the ice just like in a boat.