How to get rid of snake.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Opened my garage door couple days ago, and there at the door was a long brown snake with his head poked out from under my air compressor. Before I could move he went back and disappeared....could not find him. Well, I got a bag of suffer dust and threw it all around in side and sprayed all the corners, openings, everwhere there was a crack. No mice as I know of this time of year. Well, opened one of the raise up doors this morning and there he was again.....gone in an instant under some shelves...could not find him. How do you get rid of a critter like this....need some help.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
After seeing where he was a couple times I d pick a day and just wait. I done this last week and killed biggest black snake I have ever seen at my house.. 6-7 feet long and he probably weighted 6-8 lbs. I could not even used the shovel. Had to get out the shotgun.

Cootmeurer

Six Pointer
I found a solution by accident with my quail pens. Get the cheap anti bird netting from Lowe’s/Tractor Supply that is labeled for draping over your berries or fruit trees. Unroll and put around the bottom of work bench, shelves, whatever, but leave pretty loose and make sure it is folded over at least once. Tack down (or zip,tie) every 4-6 feet.

Ol snake will slither through holes in it, but because it’s loose and flexes he gets hung up in it. I ended up killing almost two dozen different snakes one year that figure out quail pens meant eggs and birds to eat.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Seriously? Don't get me wrong, I understand if they're threatening your livelihood but the rest of y'all? Guys who hunt and/or fish and/or do anything outdoors and you're freaked out over black snake or rat snake? Some serious Karen syndrome 'round here y'all.....starting to sound like some "Next Door" level crap....

Seriously? Don't get me wrong, I understand if they're threatening your livelihood but the rest of y'all? Guys who hunt and/or fish and/or do anything outdoors and you're freaked out over black snake or rat snake? Some serious Karen syndrome 'round here y'all.....starting to sound like some "Next Door" level crap....
He asked for suggestions! were here to oblidge! LOL!

Triggermortis

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Had some mice in my storage building a few years ago. Happened in there and saw a medium size chicken snake in there with a little bulge inside. Good - Ill let him stay and he can fix the problem. Noticed him one more time in there about a week later, and wasn't seeing any mice. Nice.

Got a frantic call from the wife - " I went inside the shop and there was a snake in there!" Did get the snake out that afternoon but never told her I knew it was in there. Some things are better left unsaid.

Maybe there's a reason he's in there.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Black snakes don’t bother ME that much, but sometimes it comes down to the snake or the wife. The snake may be easier to live with, but it doesn’t take half your stuff when it leaves.

timber

Twelve Pointer
I found a solution by accident with my quail pens. Get the cheap anti bird netting from Lowe’s/Tractor Supply that is labeled for draping over your berries or fruit trees. Unroll and put around the bottom of work bench, shelves, whatever, but leave pretty loose and make sure it is folded over at least once. Tack down (or zip,tie) every 4-6 feet.

Ol snake will slither through holes in it, but because it’s loose and flexes he gets hung up in it. I ended up killing almost two dozen different snakes one year that figure out quail pens meant eggs and birds to eat.

years ago had a call back pen for quail when breaking some young bird dogs. Left the little trap door open on night something got in it killed them all but never ate a one. Looked like bit them in the neck. Guessing was mink or something small because the trap door was barely big enough for quail get in

willb

Eight Pointer

THIS^^^^^