1. Knock him between the horns
2. Wipe his arse
3. Drag him across the grill

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don’t knock it till you try it. Stuff will change your life. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“J”

Twelve Pointer
Rare to Med-Rare is what our liking is. If guests are with us Med-Rare and will go past that for someone’s individual cut. But we won’t go out of how we like it for someone else and vice versa….

In 40+ years we’ve never had any issues with so called undercooked venison. But have had people say they hate the taste of venison because it’s tough and gamey, until they’ve tried ours…

Dick

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
To all their own. My Mother was not the best cook. Shed do her best and we never ate out other then pizza or sandwiches. She liked things crispy.😄 I knew no better until my early teens. When I started working in and around the food business.
So I can understand Ex's position, to a point.
It is a mental issue. Unless you're cooking bad meat.
I would suggest taking that final temp down a few degrees with each steak you cook. You may be surprised.

Redman6

Four Pointer
Slice thin and a shot of Lowery's or Slap Ya Mama and down the hatch. Eat it like that every year at hunt club as an appetizer. Sometimes it hasn't even cooled down. I'm in the club of anything over medium rare is overcooked if I am eating it.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Ideally Med/Rare=135-140 degrees Fahrenheit. Prefer for it to not just walk across the plate w/ a deep red sunburn.

Ex Military

Eight Pointer
Completely understandable, I guess my curiosity got too me. Started wondering how people preferred their beef vs wild game.
Not a problem at all my friend. Wish i could find a recipe that's good for at least medium well but most everybody in here likes it rare to medium rare which i understand but doesn't help me

“J”

Twelve Pointer
Not a problem at all my friend. Wish i could find a recipe that's good for at least medium well but most everybody in here likes it rare to medium rare which i understand but doesn't help me
Have you tried the Sous vide way of cooking? You can tweak the temp a little at a time and doesn’t seem too overcook the meat more then you want. I haven’t dove into the process yet, but many I know have and they swear by it.

Ex Military

Eight Pointer
Have you tried the Sous vide way of cooking? You can tweak the temp a little at a time and doesn’t seem too overcook the meat more then you want. I haven’t dove into the process yet, but many I know have and they swear by it.
No i haven't tried that.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
You can’t find a good recipe for well done strap, because well done strap isn’t good🤷‍♂️

It’s a very, very lean piece of meat, and it gets tough and dry when it’s cooked past medium.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You can’t find a good recipe for well done strap, because well done strap isn’t good🤷‍♂️

It’s a very, very lean piece of meat, and it gets tough and dry when it’s cooked past medium.

yup,,, only option is to cut into chunks and make stew,,, and that's such a waste of a good chunk of grillin' meat,,,,

I recommend sticking to rabbits and squirrels if you can't handle red meat rare,,, nothing wrong with that and you're not wasting good meat

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
From what I've read you can find wild cock in all kinds of unexpected places in Thailand.....

of that I have no awareness,, but have about a year total in that country, mostly in the jungle and smaller towns,, but as in all efforts, observation skills are critical,,, in SE Asia you should key on feet and throat (foot size and adam's apple) but I have heard there are surgeries for even those things,,,

in my opinion, best to just wait till ya get home!!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
of that I have no awareness,, but have about a year total in that country, mostly in the jungle and smaller towns,, but as in all efforts, observation skills are critical,,, in SE Asia you should key on feet and throat (foot size and adam's apple) but I have heard there are surgeries for even those things,,,

in my opinion, best to just wait till ya get home!!
Very good song choice!!

“J”

Twelve Pointer
My brother had cancer and the radiation treatments tore up his intestines. He can only eat ground meat and chicken and fish. He still deer hunts and grinds up the whole deer. Lots of ground recipes out there too get by on.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Very good song choice!!

that song, and the below movie, were our "heading to Thailand" combo back in the mid 80s for us "young bucks" in my unit,,, unknown to many folks then and now, there were some serious efforts on the Viet Nam War POW/MIA front then

heck, I even started LIKING Mekong Whiskey back then,,,

iu