How old were your you, or your kids.....

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Son drives his little battery car around yard and safety pin is out so its not slow, since he was 2. Thats not really impressive but at 3 some of the :donk:donk:donk:donk he pulls at full speed in that car blows my mind. Fricken young gymkahna

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
I sat in my dads lap and drove his truck when I was about 3 or 4. First time I actually got behind the wheel and drove I was about 12 or so. When I took drivers Ed my instructor felt comfortable enough that he did paper work pretty much the entire time.

bflee

I dont remember when I started driving. Its kind of like swimming for me. I dont remember learning to swim.
I did drive the tractor pulling the harvester at 7 even though I could not turn it around at the end of the row. I could drive the old truck at the house with no problem though.
I didnt know an automatic transmission even existed before I was 18!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boomer

Twelve Pointer
I started driving at 5 while sitting in my dad's lap up and down dirt roads and on the beach where we fished. That was 1969 or so. When I got my learners permit at 15 , I had driven cars , big and little trucks,tractors, motorcycles, combines so much that I had a ton of bad driving habits. When my nephews turned 11 my dad had them driving around on hunt club roads . When my daughter was 6 she started driving in my dad's lap like I did. When she was 11 she was driving him around on hunt club roads, now she has learners permit and she drives him everywhere he goes. They put about 1000 miles on his truck in December going back and forth hunting. Dad always said start them right and early and when the time comes for them to drive on their own they will be better prepared

ridenismo

Six Pointer
As much as i hated it at the time, i started logging driving time at the 7-8 year old age. Grew up on a farm and was looked at more as help then a liability, summer vacations with parents that worked day jobs and a grandpa that had farm work on his mind got me a lot of tractor time. I spent at least 5 days a week every summer in the hay fields as soon as the dew lifted, with a nap and lunch at the grandparents, and then all afternoon back in the hay field. I lived in NY and the biggest challenge was always downshifting going up hill with a full hay wagon pulling the baler, by the time i got my permit a car was a breeze. Wouldnt change it for the world now.

C52

Eight Pointer
I think I was 6, but I know it was before I was 8 because Dad bought a new truck when I was 8. That was just one time for a couple miles out in the country. I had my own motorcycle at 5, still have it. At 9 Dad would let me drive a chevy luv stick shift in the property at work by myself. Both of my kids had a car they could drive at my parents house at 10 years old and I let my son drive out in the country with me at about 12 or 13.

thandy

Ten Pointer
I had a dirt bike at 4 and wrecked my grandpa's Ford Courier at age 12 luckily it was on the farm and no one was hurt. We also bailed hay for the farm and would driver 10 to 15 miles to different properties. I was driving a dump truck full of hay and pulling a trailer full of hay at 15.

crittergitter

Ten Pointer
I was on a tractor helping grade driveways when I was 8, a truck by 10. My dad is a lot more trusting that me!LOL I let the wife take my girls out when it was time for them to learn. All I did was make them cry.

Big Six

Eight Pointer
Growing up on a farm you get put on anything with wheels and told to do something you just do it.

EGrdneck

Bout 6 or 7 drove the truck through the christmas tree field as my dad amd grandpa bailed and cut trees....on a road i was 12 dad had a small truck and i drove to my grandpas and back 3 miles or so