How old is too Old...

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
How long do you guys keeps Pyrodex? Pyrodex Select to be exact. I hear some guys get new batches every year but when do yall start chunking? Powder has been stored well.

Tks Mack

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Just finish up a bottle this season have had it eight years,as you can tell don't shoot it as often as i should, kept in dry dark closet

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i should be ashamed to tell this but i just finished up a pyrodex lb from the eighties. reckon that is past it's expected shelf life?

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Had some 777 pellets for about 5 seasons, when I went to sight in it usually takes one shot and good. I could hardly stay on paper at 100. Cleaned the gun really well and bought new 777 and it was back to grouping well. I could tell there was a noticeable difference in the kick, the pellets had lost some of their power and were probably burning inconsistently.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I buy the pyrodex pellets in fairly small quantities, as I don't shoot it much. I have some that is probably 8-10 years old. I just store it in dry, dark, temperature controlled conditions, and it is fine.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
ok, I will stick with what i got. I just have heard it doesnt age as good as regular smokeless powders....both my TC's luv pyrodex select.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When I used Pyrodex, I didn't keep it over 2 years MAX. My accuracy and MV suffered tremendously.

I have heard that the pellets have a better shelf life.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk