How much do you work?

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
6, sometimes 7 days a week, all year 14+ hours a day except winter which reduces to 9 hours a day. Last pay stub at end of last year put me at around 4200 hours for 2017.... it isnt easy but i wouldnt have it any other way. Farming is my best life

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Used to be in a Papermill where 13 days of 2pm-6am were a reality. 14th has to be Voluntary but not really asked. You just worked it if needed. I raised a Son as a single parent through that. Then went into the ranks of the suit and tie world and I started really putting in the hours. I think I’ve been in 35-36 states or close and I took a more local position a few years ago. Now back to the road somewhat. I enjoy working and took a vacation this week to work at home. Building a Greenhouse for the real Boss, installing a 3rd Heat Pump and running utilities to 4th, then cleaning both upper and lower garages and setting up all my tools finally. Plus some furniture in and some new. Then Sundays I Teach Sunday School. Saturday last week was a rare scheduled Saturday off and it was to take my Son, now 17 to a Mission project building Shipping Containers into Buildings to then close up and send to Africa. With a very busy job and 4 Kids I pretty much work until I’m too tired to stand, sleep 6 hours maybe and work some more. It’s the life I chose so no complaints and fortunate to be upright and mobile with the ability to work and have a good income.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
As glamorous as the travel sounds it’s not what most think. Usually it’s Plane to Site then Hotel then Plane home. Too tired to do much and all states look the same from that lens.

CarolinaReaper

42.5-48 hours per week. Paid hourly, so longer can be better.

CoonHntr

Four Pointer
Dang, you guys make me feel a little guilty but I haven't worked a 40 hour week all year. I usually get in somewhere between 35-38 hrs. I am salary, so I don't mind a bit!

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
Got called back out at 8:00... clock keeps rolling lol... won’t complain about some double bubble though ;)

RBR

Six Pointer
Winter maintenance usually 50 hrs if weather allows. Summer paving season time to roll.....70- 80+ if needed. On salary, nice vehicle, gas, phone. Been doing it almost 30yrs. Have to love it to do it.

Frostcat

Twelve Pointer
126 days -I work 12-hour swing shifts which is basically 14 days a month with my days off = 168 days minus 6 weeks vacation=168-42=126 I've never been a big overtime worker but I do pick up a shift or two every now and again:)