How much do you work?

C52

Eight Pointer
I was hanging out on a sandbar last Sunday wondering how many people work as much as I do, if you work 5 days a week for 52 weeks with no days off, that would be 260 days. I work 300 days a year. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining. I have fun in my free time, and enjoy my work. So how about it? How much do you work?

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
I was hanging out on a sandbar last Sunday wondering how many people work as much as I do, if you work 5 days a week for 52 weeks with no days off, that would be 260 days. I work 300 days a year. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining. I have fun in my free time, and enjoy my work. So how about it? How much do you work?

This year has been rough at our plant. We have been on heavy OT all year until this month. As of my last check in June I had averaged 54 hours a week for the year. I work 12 hour shifts and work 3 days one week and 4 the next. So if I work on my days off I rack up OT in a hurry.

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm at school 6 hours a day, Monday thru Friday. Study 1-2 hours per night. During my English classes I was writing 2-8 page papers every week. In my past life, I averaged (5) 14 hour days Monday thru Friday. Not including field ops, deployment, or all the other after hours stuff I was responsible for. I'm enjoying school life. I've only 5 days left and am extremely excited to get back into the work force!

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
Being a subcontractor for the past 12 years it varies for me. I've worked 7 (10 hr) days a week for 4 months straight before and ive been a couple weeks without working at all. No set answer for me...

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
No set answer for me. Only getting paid for 40.
Mon-Fri I work until the work is done. Some days that’s 9 hrs, some days that’s 13.

Prolly average 50/wk but my weekends are MINE and everyone knows I won’t be “on the clock” after Friday at 5 unless something major comes up and I have to cover weekend field work.

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
All the time!!! :)

I've worked for myself for over 29 years...First as a medical device recruiter and the last 3 years selling, listing real estate...Thankfully, I love it, it's all about your attitude and finding something you can get paid for and enjoy...

Reactions: Gus

pinkfletch

Ten Pointer
22 hours a week here BUT I am retired from my career and what I do now I call a hobby that I get paid for.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I had 36 hours in by Tuesday and will have 60 by today’s eve. M-F supposedly an 8-5 job. No overtime.

There have been more weeks than I care to recall of 70+- also
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GUP

Eight Pointer
40-45 hours a week. Once in a while it's more depending on how busy we are and deadlines. I'm completely fine with not getting a bunch of OT. If it can't get done in the hours I'm working not then it can wait till the next week. The world want stop turning and the sky want fall. I work to live. I don't live to work..
Life's to short and there are to many things I enjoy doing.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I had 36 hours in by Tuesday and will have 60 by today’s eve. M-F supposedly an 8-5 job. No overtime.

If you work more than 40 hours per week, your employer is required to pay you overtime if you are an hourly employee. If you are on salary, then the hours don’t matter.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
It varies for. My contract with the hospiral reqiures I work two 12 hr shifts a week. Anything over that is incentive pay. Right now I average three 12 hr shifts and one 8 hr shift a week.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

If you work more than 40 hours per week, your employer is required to pay you overtime if you are an hourly employee. If you are on salary, then the hours don’t matter.

Yep salary here.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
About 240 days a year when you consider holidays and vacation... of course I’m on Salary and am on call 24/7 for emergencies.

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
Last year i worked 265 days away from home, with another 30 days locally, and i get 4 weeks vacation
At some point last year i decided its time for a life change so i up and quit my job and enjoyed life for 5 months. Am back at work, but only 6 minutes from home, bit less pay but a whole lot less stress. Last year as an example of how busy my normal days were, i have an iPhone, use one of the cases with the external battery and i had to carry a separate spare battery to charge if i worked past 6pm
This is a busy time at work and have worked 12 days straight and hope to have next weekend off, but it sure is nice sleeping in my own bed

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
Worked a lot at my last job. Six days a week mostly 11+ hrs a day. Started my current job last August and now it’s 8:30-5:30 m-f. Get just over 3 weeks a year pto plus 11 holidays. Sure beats the heck out of my last job

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Way way to much there are times I work for entire month straight like during summer and winter many times do 12 or 16 hour shifts in on 2 straight week stretch now. I get OT but sure does wear a person down looks like ill be working most all of Sept unless a change age is gonna catch up with me at some point.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When I lived in Florida I worked full-time as a nurse and after work I had a dictation business for almost all the Dr's in our in-patient MH facility that took me at least 2-3 hours per day. I also worked as a Realtor part time on afternoons and weekends as well as helping my wife with her second job running a consignment antique shop. I was worn out but still had to perform all functions around the house that a dad and husband and home owner are supposed to and try to get in some hunting and fishing time in between.
When I moved up to NC all that changed, now I'm settled in(dug in like a tick actually) to a job with the VA working 8 hours per day(when I say working, that's a stretch :rolleyes:) 5 days per week and off all holidays and annual leave. I'm so spoiled that I sometimes wonder how I even functioned before. There are downsides to not having more income, but the payoff is hopefully a longer life and much less stress. It's not all about money as I've come to realize as the years keep piling up.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Y’all salaray guys must have some kickass benefits or salaries. I’ll be damned if I give “the man” anymore. Hell I get OT and try to keep it as minimal as possible. I did my time of 50+ hour weeks, and occasionally still do when I’m on call, but comp all I can so that I can take it off. I can always make money, I can’t always get time back, and there’s zero guarantee I’ll be around to have tomorrow. I still have a pension and in addition, currently have 16% going into a Roth 401K just in case I do get a “tomorrow”.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I worked years 6 to 7 days a week, 10 to 14 hour days. I'm coasting now with 40 hrs a week with occasional OT. I'm enjoying it.

klim

Twelve Pointer
Government/County work, 40 hours a week. Occasionally weekend work but it’s only for about 3 to 4 hrs. Sucks because we only get comp time for it. If the good lord let’s me live 13 years and 8 months. I can hang it up (I’m still going to work even after
I retire) and go do what I want to do.

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
Y’all salaray guys must have some kickass benefits or salaries. I’ll be damned if I give “the man” anymore. Hell I get OT and try to keep it as minimal as possible. I did my time of 50+ hour weeks, and occasionally still do when I’m on call, but comp all I can so that I can take it off. I can always make money, I can’t always get time back, and there’s zero guarantee I’ll be around to have tomorrow. I still have a pension and in addition, currently have 16% going into a Roth 401K just in case I do get a “tomorrow”.

I’m salary and my salary isn’t big but my benefits are pretty kickin. OT is no concern to me though. Hard to have much overtime when the door unlocks at 8:30 and locks up at 5:30. I really didn’t expect to like salary as much as I have. It makes budgeting very easy. I wouldn’t enjoy salary nearly as much though I’m sure if my job had the possibility for much ot

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
I'm at the office about 10 hours a day, Mon-Fri. I almost always bring my lunch and eat it while I'm working. I probably put in another 3-4 at home answering emails, reports and such. Sometimes I travel for work and leave or come home on a Saturday or Sunday. Salary.

Last edited:

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
4 days/wk @ 10 hrs ea.....minus 3 wks Vac...…...then make trapping baits and lures and fabricate gear...…..then bush hog and upkeep of 106 acre farm

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
I work 12hr shifts (for now anyway) and so far I have 315hrs OT for the year. I usually average around 400-450 a year.

sent from...... Tapatalk

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
About 240 days a year. Early in my career I put in a lot of 60-70 hour weeks. I did that for about the first ten years and it built my salary nicely. I am in a job that not many folks want. I seldom do that any more, though I will work extra hours if it takes that to get things done. Changes in management have meant that doing extra does NOT gain you extra flexibility (take off early on a Friday when things are slow without asking or taking leave) like it did years ago because we have to "treat everyone the same way", so my attitude about going the extra mile has changed. I enjoy my job but really HATE the lack of flexibilty these days.