How many years

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
Been at this game for 13 or 14 years now. Killed a buck every year but 2 or 3 and went probably 2 or 3 years without shooting a slick head somewhere in there

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Man some of you guys must have a heck of a trophy room.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This is my 29th year deer hunting. I spent a few years prior to actually hunting as my Dad’s tag a long....

Killed at least one deer for 28 years straight
At least one doe every year

Only one year did I not kill a buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
1.How many years have you been hunting?
since '67 when I was 8, and killed my first squirrels
2.How many years have you gone without killing a doe?
15 since I haven't hunted in that many years
3.How many years have you gone without killing a buck?
20 since wanted to thin does, more than get antlers.

Having killed over 47 deer, 2 elk, 2 bears with my handgun since '83, when I started hundgun hunting, the challenge has kinda waned. i love sitting in the woods and seeing it come alive just don't need to harvest big game.

rutnstrut

Ten Pointer
I started when I was 8-9 shot a doe my second sit ever with a single shot 12 with buck shot.
Killed my first buck when I was 12-13 busted rack 6 point which would have been 2004-2005. Haven’t shot a buck since.
Honestly can’t remember a season I haven’t shot a doe though.

What about the buck I tracked for you. Your memory is slipping with age lol

Been hunting 20 years. I can't remember a year that I haven't killed at least one doe. Killed my last buck in 2017. The one before that in 2014. The last 7 or 8 years I've gotten to where I won't shoot a buck unless I'm willing to do a mount.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Kinda been hunting for about 16, but really it’s about 9.
I’ve killed at least one doe every year for the last 5 years.
Haven’t killed an antlered buck in 5 years. If you count button bucks, then I killed a buck last year.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
33 years hunting...went on my first hunt when I was 11. Didnt kill a deer last year, let my son do the shooting as I focused on turkey hunting. Different story this year though....

DFisher

Eight Pointer
Been hunting 45 years, deer hunting 30 years. Killed at least one doe probably 20 of those years, a buck 10 of those years.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Been in the woods since I was 4... Killed my first squirrel then so been hunting for 24 years now.

Killed my first deer when I was 8. Small 3 pointer in sc.

I’ve been thankful to kill both bucks and does for 22 straight seasons minus one. It was either my freshman or sophomore year of college and I just didn’t have the time to hunt with wrestling and school. I missed several that season but just couldn’t connect.

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
29 years hunting, maybe missed killing a doe 3 years, but have killed at least 1 doe every year since 1996, most years multiple does. I have went 4 or 5 years without kiling a buck.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Been hunting 26 years
Shoot one most years except while I served in the Army
Shot my first buck in 2013 and have killed one every year except the year we had EHD

DozerD

Six Pointer
Nineteen years hunting deer. Haven’t shot a doe in 4-5 years. Went three years without shooting a buck. Good post, reminds me that I need to shoot a doe!! My years without shooting a buck were by choice, “waiting on a big one”. After that stretch of not killing one I realized there was no fun in waiting on a big buck when time is limited!

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Started carrying a shotgun in 1954, went on my first deer hunt in 1957 and killed my first deer that day at the age of 14 so with interruptions by military deployments the all inclusive total is 62 years.

I don't keep track of when I do or don't harvest either sex.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Hunting for 23 years. Nothing on the wall and nothing in the freezer. SLOW learner here!

boomer

Twelve Pointer
This will be my 40th season and I have killed at least 1 deer for the last 35 years. I generally kill the first one I see , buck or doe, to continue the streak . After that it has to be a nice buck or I need to stop the hounds from leaving the hunt club property.

Reactions: DRS

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Went deer hunting for the first time over 40 years ago. Really started hunting deer about 34 years ago, saw some monsters bucks, couldn't shot worth a durn. Finally, learned how to hunt and shot. I kill at least on buck a year, shot a bunch of does over the years. Recently, been letting most of them walk, shot my first one in 3 years this past year. Most of the places I hunt the deer numbers are so low, doe harvest where not an option. Oh, almost forgot when I first started hunting there was no doe season.

Ive been hunting since I was 10 so 40 years. Mostly small game though. I have been deer hunting for about 25 years. I have been blessed to have never gone a season without shooting at least 1 deer. (knock on wood). I have not shot a doe for the past 3 seasons by choice. That being said I have been seeing a lot more does this year I may take one. I think I went a year without shooting a buck about 5 years ago. I typically will take at least 1 younger buck for the freezer. And every know and then will luck up and get a good one.

Aaron H

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'd say this is my 50th year deer hunting. There were a couple of years that I did not hunt back in the early 80s and many years early on that I hunted just a few days a year. Back in the early 70s we had no deer or deer season at all in Orange/Chatham County so we had to drive to hunt. My brother and I went to Butner to hunt then. It took me 6 years to kill my first deer. Young hunters today might find that hard to understand but when I started, just finding tracks was a big deal and if you saw a deer you bragged about that. We had Hemoragic Disease here in my part of Chatham 3 years ago and our deer numbers are just now starting to come back some. Coyotes still get most of the fawns so last few years I have not shot a doe. Before the disease I would take 2 or 3 does nearly every year. I think I've killed a buck every year mostly since 2007, a few years I took 2. Lots of hunters have killed more deer than me. I usually have not tried to limit out on deer though many years I could have.

Gunny2professor

Six Pointer
This is my second year hunting, but my first year starting at the beginning of the season.
I did not kill deer last year.
Hoping to get my first of either sex this year.

warhorse

Eight Pointer
28 years for me. Kill atleast 1 every year but it's more about the chase for me now vs the kill. The work begins when you kill one.

Reactions: DRS

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Been hunting about 45 years. I was in my early to mid 20's before I killed my first deer (doe). Only killed a handful of mixed sex deer over the next 10 years. Once I moved to Warren Co. I killed at least 1 and up to 5 deer (mixed) per year for the next 14 years. The past 10 years has been slim pickins due to a move to New Bern, where I didn't have land to hunt. I'm expecting numbers to ramp up to something more consistent from now on, since I moved to Bladen Co. and have access to a good bit of family land.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Been hunting around 30 years. Have been many years without killing a buck, only one or two that I can remember where I didn't kill a doe, usually will shoot 2-3 does a season, that's about all we can eat in a year. Used to kill a bunch and give some away but have gotten lazy about fooling with em and would rather have a beer than spend half the night at the skinning pole.