How many headed out for the Veterans Hunt?

Bluecord

Six Pointer
Just wondering how many veteran duck hunters going out today? Good luck, hope ya shoot a limit, I hope too!!!

Bluecord

Six Pointer
I went...shot a good number of ducks, could not seem to kill one today for some mind boggling reason lol. One of those days. Beautiful day and very appreciative to be out, feeling grateful nonetheless.

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
I went out with a vet and took my 11 yo daughter also. They both really enjoyed it. Even though I didn't have a gun I also had a great time. Had a good amount of birds that stayed steady until 10.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
On the Nuese in New Bern. Seeing decent amounts of ducks and geese, but the only ones to come to the decoys so far caught us off guard. Haven’t fired a shot yet.

Rexm0311

Spike
Had to sleep a little since I worked last night. Trying to get my gumption up to go out in the freezing rain this afternoon. Usually dont see much in the afternoons but last chance to dance.

Bluecord

Six Pointer
I saw a TON of birds Today should a shot a limit. First group came in trigger went click, no fire, second group same. I was like crap, I’m way back in here with a busted gun alone lol. Did a function check, everything worked. Third group boom!!! And so on. Saw woodies, Blacks, Teal, Mallards. Awesome hunt, very grateful for the extra Veterans Days for sure.

Attachments

• 44108CA2-9025-4C4C-97B2-7A4473A2A160.jpeg
    44108CA2-9025-4C4C-97B2-7A4473A2A160.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 17

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
Looked like all the divers were heading to one spot to raft up, couldn’t pull anything off. Had a few small groups of puddlers and geese give us a look but nothing would quite commit. Went hope with nothing but memories.

Bluecord

Six Pointer
Looked like all the divers were heading to one spot to raft up, couldn’t pull anything off. Had a few small groups of puddlers and geese give us a look but nothing would quite commit. Went hope with nothing but memories.
I’m gonna try an get out that way next year, never hunted towards the coast yet. I thought it was pretty cool to be hunting here mid February, first time I’ve done that ever.

Rexm0311

Spike
I saw a TON of birds Today should a shot a limit. First group came in trigger went click, no fire, second group same. I was like crap, I’m way back in here with a busted gun alone lol. Did a function check, everything worked. Third group boom!!! And so on. Saw woodies, Blacks, Teal, Mallards. Awesome hunt, very grateful for the extra Veterans Days for sure.
Nice. Where are you seeing them? I'm in flooded timber but, well, pretty much everything is flooded now. May try to hit some bigger water

Bluecord

Six Pointer
Nice. Where are you seeing them? I'm in flooded timber but, well, pretty much everything is flooded now. May try to hit some bigger water
I was in a beaver pond and they really wanted to be in there. Yea that water was coming up fast it prob came up 3-4 inches in just the couple hours I was there it looked like.