Lab Tech 2009-2012
Environmental Representative 2011-2021
Terminal Superintendent 2012-2021
Environmental, Health, and Safety manager 2021-present

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just 2 for me.
Professional Diver for nearly 10 years and health care for coming up on 30 years.

Cold water is a powerful de-motivator so I figured indoor hyperbarics would be a good place to go rather than freezing to death in the winter, but ended up in neonatal transport for the better part of my RRT profession.

USN 82-88 NEC 5343

NC DOT 87-91 Underwater Bridge Inspector

92 - Current RRT/RCP

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
just 2 what i would call career type jobs for me

landscape foreman 2008-2011
NCDA&CS employee 2011-present

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I remember as thread about careers and jobs some time ago, maybe a couple years. I think collectively, for the most part, it was decided jobs and careers were the same. Many had careers, but in the long run realized we were all still just a number to do a job.

That said, I have worked as a wildlife technician, construction worker, currently an agriculture commodity grader for the past 22 years.

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
On my second and hopefully last.

USMC 01-16
Lineman 17-present

Would like to get into cattle, but doubt I’ll ever control enough land to make it full time.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yard mower
Hardware Store
Dishwasher
Electrician helper
Boxing/ Siding
Cabinet shop
Phone man
Manager of phone men
32 years w phone company

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Chick-fil-A
Arby’s
Upholstery printer
Lab supply tech
Pharmacy tech
Appliance repair
Call center
Flower shop
Shoe sales
Big and tall (clothes)
Rock star (okay professional musician)
Certified pharmacy tech
Mechanic
College professor of sorts
Automotive mechanic
Welder/fabricator
Cpht again
Knife maker
Admin assistant
Sheriffs Office
Pipefitter/thermal expert
Water treatment operator

and a myriad of side jobs
Car detailer
Car audio
Luthier
gunsmith
repairman

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Started at age 12 working in tobacco and some work on a hog farm. Every time I considered quitting college I would think about the tobacco field, hog farm, or building houses with my Dad and that was all the motivation I needed to stay in college. I actually pulled tobacco until I was 28 yrs old. I had graduated college, had a job, a wife and a son, but Uncle needed some pullers on Saturdays. So, I helped him until he gave up on tobacco farming.

After college, I started work as an Industrial Hygienist, eventually had Health & Safety or EHS jobs in:
pharmaceutical (1995-1997, 2011-2012)
pulp & paper (1997-2006)
consulting (2006-2011, 2012-present).

Worked as an Industrial Hygiene Consultant for a consulting firm until 2021 when COVID caused firm to close the doors. Now working as an Independent Industrial Hygiene Consultant.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Farmhand through middle school/high school
Graduated college 98-03 worked for a chicken company. Serviceman and feed mill operator. Left there after realizing the greediest, worst excuses for humans all work for corporate poultry companies. I would say I dare you to prove me wrong, but I’ll save you the time and say you can’t.
03-05: worked for Lipton running a mixer making food stuffs. Met my wife and left there because she was management.
05-06: got married and was worked for guilford county animal control. Great job that I enjoyed but wife was offered a corporate position in TN
06-10: moved to TN. Went back to university of TN fir wildlife and fisheries.
2010-2019: fisheries biologist for university of TN. Left because money ran out and got tired of not knowing from year to year if my job would last.
20- present: small farmer, stay at home dad and trophy husband…………………….

Cornbread

Eight Pointer
I worked at Pike electric for about 6 months then been driving a truck every since. My dad and I started our own trucking company in 2015

Wilsonl5

Button Buck
-Performance engine machine shop foreman
-Project manager for a foundations company
-Console rigger freeman boat works
-enlisted as 18X at 30 years old, got selected in June in the SF Q course now trying to become 18C engineering SGT hopefully 7th SF group when q course is completed fluent in Spanish already

T-Rock

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
enlisted as 18X at 30 years old, got selected in June in the SF Q course now trying to become 18C engineering SGT hopefully 7th SF group when q course is completed fluent in Spanish already

Good luck Sir. That's a tough pipeline.

THHEAT

Twelve Pointer
LEO
1979-2008 started out as dispatcher finished up as Captain CID (did everything in between)
2008-2012 contact worker at PD
2013 -present SRO at middle school (for 1 more school year)