How far do you drive to turkey hunt in the Spring ???

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
5 to 10 minutes here in Harnett
1 hour and half to Rockingham County for me.
Guess I have gotten lazy. Use to drive 3 hours to turkey hunt a place.

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
About 30 minutes most days but I've driven as far as 2.5hrs one way when a buddy called and said he roosted 12 longbeards.

pir8rn

Six Pointer
Every year my brother and I put in for a different permit hunt here in NC, and if we get drawn for the western part of the state, it can be up to 4 hours for me.
My 'regular' spots are all within 40 mins.

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Closest place I have is an hour away but I have been known to drive much further than that for good turkey woods.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Only place I got is 2 hours and never shot a bird there.... I’m seriously ready for someone to take me so I can be successful. Since I quit hunting the pisgah it’s been no birds for 3 years straight.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Got permission on private 15 min from the house. Will also hunt public land 45-60 minutes away and Seveir county TN with @Bluedogman (2 hours). Wouldn’t mind traveling further if the opportunity arises. Still very much a novice . Biggest thing I’ve realized over the past several months is getting to new areas and scouting, instead of just going to the same old spots with no real plan

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’m fourtante to have a lot of ground to hunt within an hour from home. One of my favorite places to turkey hunt is 15 mins from home

TobyScreams

Twelve Pointer
Nice. I haven’t got a favorite so much as an only. One day though. Played with the thought of making a knife just to offer in exchange for a hunt or two. Idk. Thurmond Chatham is my best bet but I call in more hunters than birds there.

CutNRun

Ten Pointer
Contributor
The closest farm is 9 minutes away, the next is 11 minutes, the next is 1.25 hours away. Also hunt some public 1.5 hours away.

Jim