How did you come up with your forum name??

Tallpine89

Four Pointer
I graduated High School in 89 and worked for my Uncle building Tree stands. Striker Tree stands built in Harris NC, we had the sit and stand rifle stands that you faced the tree in then developed a bow stand called The Tree-cat. Me and my cousin were tasked with taking photos for our new brochures that were going to be printed up and we set up in some tall pines to get the photos for our new brochures. So I came up with Tallpine89 from that experience. The business went under as both my cousins passed away early on in accidents and my uncle suffered a stroke that made him unable to keep producing the stands, he also has since passed on. I'd bet that some of you remember these stands and may even be using them still. They were made out of aircraft aluminum and strong. We use to work all the hunting shows in the Spring and early summer selling stands from NC out through SC, GA, FL, TN and a few out west. They were endorsed by Joe Kelley and Sammy Schrimchere (not sure how he spelled his last name).

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
For a good chunk of my life I have spent most of my time during the fall bowhunting for whitetails. I used a recurve exclusively to bowhunt with for 13 years. Mine was made by the company that Earl Hoyt Jr. created after he sold Hoyt, called Sky Archery. Their takedown wood hunter version was called Sky Hawk. I tracked down a guy locally who had one and bought it from him, replacing my 1970's Hoyt Pro Medalist takedown.

I love that bow and have taken quite a few deer with it, including a few nice bucks. The most fun I have had hunting deer was taking that bow to hunt midwest wood lots in farm country. I used to shoot it daily. Since my 3rd son was born, it hasn't seen much action, hanging in the place of honor in the man cave.

5C62B414-4CFB-4D21-B06C-565E1C917395.jpeg

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I graduated High School in 89 and worked for my Uncle building Tree stands. Striker Tree stands built in Harris NC, we had the sit and stand rifle stands that you faced the tree in then developed a bow stand called The Tree-cat. Me and my cousin were tasked with taking photos for our new brochures that were going to be printed up and we set up in some tall pines to get the photos for our new brochures. So I came up with Tallpine89 from that experience. The business went under as both my cousins passed away early on in accidents and my uncle suffered a stroke that made him unable to keep producing the stands, he also has since passed on. I'd bet that some of you remember these stands and may even be using them still. They were made out of aircraft aluminum and strong. We use to work all the hunting shows in the Spring and early summer selling stands from NC out through SC, GA, FL, TN and a few out west. They were endorsed by Joe Kelley and Sammy Schrimchere (not sure how he spelled his last name).

I’ve got a Tree- Cat!!! And a couple of the the sit and stand ones too!!! I’d LOVE to get my hands on another of each!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thelivecanary

Eight Pointer
When I moved to Raleigh about seven years ago I wanted to start a project, collecting stories and also learn to write comedy, so I created a podcast and I've been collecting those stories and writing a ton, ever since via my Pod. Right now, I'm working on a spinoff of that original idea and a friend and I are doing a pod teaching the details of how to be successful on the water and in the woods.

That show, Coming Soon.

timekiller13

Old Mossy Horns
Back in my early hunting days, I wasn't very good at killing a deer, or seeing any deer for that matter. One day, while my dad and I were at a sporting goods store, I saw a novelty car tag that said "Deer Slayer." I picked it up and Dad looked at me and said "You don't need that one, you need one that says 'Time Killer.'" That's where the name came from. 13 is the date I was born on and is my favorite number.

Caribou_bill

Six Pointer
First caribou hunt, first bow hunt. 38 yd shot on the tundra on the north slope of Alaska. Buddies called me caribou Bill rest of trip.

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I hunt with a Hoyt Katera XL, which is a pretty large compound bow...hence BigBow.

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Samco: Sampson County.. where I lived back in ‘09 when I joined.

89: year I was born.

This is actually the only board I use that handle on. I use elite-match over at Carolina Shooters, & nchunter1989 over at 2 of the habit forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
I have loved spending as much time in the country and out away from the small city that I live in as possible. I am just a country boy at heart and wish I could live out in the sticks full time. With this love for country life and with my career as a Registered Nurse comes the screen name CounryRN. It is the name that I use in all of the online forums that I am a member of.

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Pretty self explanatory. When I first started hunting here I only owned one rifle, a M70 30/06. My rifle collection has grown and ironically don't own a 30/06 anymore.

Tallpine89

Four Pointer
I’ve got a Tree- Cat!!! And a couple of the the sit and stand ones too!!! I’d LOVE to get my hands on another of each!!!

They are great stands and were in my opinion the best and safest stands built at the time. I still have a bout 4 of them but do not really use them anymore. One was my cousin's which was a proto type bow stand that we never developed but it was his personal one, he passed on in a car accident.

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

They are great stands and were in my opinion the best and safest stands built at the time. I still have a bout 4 of them but do not really use them anymore. One was my cousin's which was a proto type bow stand that we never developed but it was his personal one, he passed on in a car accident.

One of the guys that my Dad hunts with made one that is similar to your sit and stand type that he bowhunted out of. I borrowed it once and threatened to not give it back!!! LOL!!!

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Sp8 is a play on my last name Sp-eight. When I was first learning to write I would put it on paper instead of writing my whole name.