How did I miss this?????????????

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Kyle Busch used the R-word in a post race interview and must undergo Sensativity Training prior to the 2022 season. The R-word........ really?

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
What is the "R" word??? Redneck??
Edit: Looked it up. Not Redneck. Don't think they will require sensitivity training for THAT word. lol

DFisher

Eight Pointer
I've been hearing about this r word for 24 hours now, still have no idea what exactly is the r word.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Lol , this world is going totally nuts. I mean are we supposed to become so thin-skinned and ( cue James Gregory ) "sensitive" that words are that offensive.

I'm so glad my father didn't live long enough to witness this decline.

Seems like having a set along with a spine has left the building.

When , not if this country is attacked again , I fear there won't be enough of us left that would be willing to die to protect the rest.

I fear for my grandchildren , unless people start to think about how expensive getting and keeping freedoms really are. We are headed for serious trouble.

This " woke" HS , is quickly creating a world that the "woke folks" only think they wanna live in.

When they finally acheive that coveted "eutophia" , they'll realize it ain't all that.

Oh and edited to add ......

That Bush brother I got no use for , but the use of that "R" word i'd much rather see or hear than the words used by that other guy.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I'll add this that I read as well. Halley Degan was given the same treatment before last season for the same word during a net race.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
you can be retarded intellectually but not "retarded" because that's a bad, evil word I guess. Kinda like you can be a "person of color" but not a colored person because that's a bad evil word....what a load of pure horse excrement. Because BULL S4!T is an evil word. :cool:

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
you can be retarded intellectually but not "retarded" because that's a bad, evil word I guess.

Not if you want your SS check. Officially in 2013 the Social Security Administration no longer recognizes mental retardation, instead itā€™s been replaced with Intellectual Disability.

As usual Iā€™m full of useless information

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not if you want your SS check. Officially in 2013 the Social Security Administration no longer recognizes mental retardation, instead itā€™s been replaced with Intellectual Disability.

As usual Iā€™m full of useless information
What are you trying to say? That I qualify as intellectually disabled? That I'm missing out on my SS check even as we communicate via social media?
I wish you'd have told me awhile back so I could start collecting.

;)

I hope Kyle tells nascar to shove it. Iā€™m not going to friggin sensitivity training. Itā€™s total Bull. Hamlin used the H word. Shouldnā€™t he go to sensitivity training?

Last edited:

specialk

Twelve Pointer
I hope Kyle tells nascar to shove it. Iā€™m not going to friggin sensitivity training. Itā€™s total Bull. Hamlin used the H word. Shouldnā€™t he go to sensitivity training?

Aint gonna happen....he will do what gibbs says do ....hes already apoligized across all his social media.....he will b ready come daytona....

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Having someone close to me with mental disabilities, I'm against people throwing around the term "retarded". I've done it myself for decades towards people who make bonehead decisions.

I have since learned that for us normal folks, our WORST day ever PALES in comparison to a mentally challenged person's best day ever.

What I hope Kyle learns from his "training" is that there are likely retarded people watching his interview, mathematically it's likely some are even fans of his or his sponsors.

Describing bonehead moves by a competitor by using a medical term some people are born with is flat out wrong.

I can't remember who took over the UPS car after DJ retired, but his brother had Downs Syndrome, and they showed that young man all the time on camera in the stands. I ponder whether he watched the interview?

I think Kyle realizes this now, and that's why he has made honest and genuine apologies.. Heat of the moment we all say things we wish we could take back.

If Kyle is smart, he'll use these classes and this incident to his advantage, and start a foundation or golf tournament proceeds going to bla bla etc.

I ponder how much Kyle Petty has improved his life since Victory Junction.

Aint gonna happen....he will do what gibbs says do ....hes already apoligized across all his social media.....he will b ready come daytona....
Yeah your right on that. I just wish people would stand up to this BS. Wishful thinking on my part. I think it must be the sponsors the are bowing down to. Definately not the fan base.

specialk

Twelve Pointer
Yeah your right on that. I just wish people would stand up to this BS. Wishful thinking on my part. I think it must be the sponsors the are bowing down to. Definately not the fan base.

Ah....the sponsers....the wheel greasers.....yep.....chevy (and others) dropped larson like a hot potatoe when he said the uttered the n word ..then diversity training and .look at him now...probably the best thing he ever did for his career....sponsers have definaly gotton woke.....it is BS.....

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Having someone close to me with mental disabilities, I'm against people throwing around the term "retarded". I've done it myself for decades towards people who make bonehead decisions.

I have since learned that for us normal folks, our WORST day ever PALES in comparison to a mentally challenged person's best day ever.

What I hope Kyle learns from his "training" is that there are likely retarded people watching his interview, mathematically it's likely some are even fans of his or his sponsors.

Describing bonehead moves by a competitor by using a medical term some people are born with is flat out wrong.

I can't remember who took over the UPS car after DJ retired, but his brother had Downs Syndrome, and they showed that young man all the time on camera in the stands. I ponder whether he watched the interview?

I think Kyle realizes this now, and that's why he has made honest and genuine apologies.. Heat of the moment we all say things we wish we could take back.

If Kyle is smart, he'll use these classes and this incident to his advantage, and start a foundation or golf tournament proceeds going to bla bla etc.

I ponder how much Kyle Petty has improved his life since Victory Junction.
Where does this kind of thinking stop? At what point do the people getting offended have to look at themselves and decide they have more important things to do with their lives than vilify speech?

I know we disagree here....but the fact of the matter is, Larry the Cable Guy's comedy routine was fckin hilarious.

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
I guess that puts Carlos Mencia in jail...

The definition of retard is to hinder. To hold back. To delay... among other things.
That is EXACTLY what Brad K. was doing. To prevent Kyle from getting in a position to make the chase. He succeeded. He retarded Kyles advancement in positions.

Now, thst's not how Kyle used it. That's just how it happened. šŸ¤£

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Where does this kind of thinking stop? At what point do the people getting offended have to look at themselves and decide they have more important things to do with their lives than vilify speech?

I know we disagree here....but the fact of the matter is, Larry the Cable Guy's comedy routine was fckin hilarious.

It should have ended when Kyle apologized. Nascar should not be involved or enforcing anything on him at all. They made it a way bigger deal than it really was. I think they did that intentionally.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
It should have ended when Kyle apologized. Nascar should not be involved or enforcing anything on him at all. They made it a way bigger deal than it really was. I think they did that intentionally.

Everybody is talking about it, right?