How Can We Help Turkeys

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I do know that the parts of bama the THP went and publicized got hammered and those areas are in a major decline.
well since THP and Michael have found NC- I guess we are soon to be toast as well.🤷‍♂️
Kinda hard to blame skunks and the weather and the loggers for the you tube affect on turkeys. LOL.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
well since THP and Michael have found NC- I guess we are soon to be toast as well.🤷‍♂️
Kinda hard to blame skunks and the weather and the loggers for the you tube affect on turkeys. LOL.
I know some think it’s just an I’ll pointed finger. I am friends with a guy who has hunted that for many years before. The year after they aired. The area was flooded with hunters. My friend who would fill his tags there has not killed a turkey there since and they very seldom gobble anymore.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I know some think it’s just an I’ll pointed finger. I am friends with a guy who has hunted that for many years before. The year after they aired. The area was flooded with hunters. My friend who would fill his tags there has not killed a turkey there since and they very seldom gobble anymore.
i have no doubt that your buddy was screwed by THP publicity. Same deal wherever they go and since they arrived here last season we can expect the same.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This is a pretty big deal. I can hunt when I want for the most part, but I can’t hunt everyday while making a living and carrying a household. The places I turkey hunt are not exactly out my back door. Daily trap checks are a time/$$$ commitment I simply can’t afford.
It's $20-30 gas each time I drive to caswell now in my truck... Will be choosing my hunting days a little more carefully this fall. Def would go broke driving that daily to trap.

Lowg08

Ten Pointer
i have no doubt that your buddy was screwed by THP publicity. Same deal wherever they go and since they arrived here last season we can expect the same.
They were ran off of our area. Plus he didn’t have much luck. I know they are trying to do a good thing. I just wish they would keep it down in where they are. Just give maybe a state and that’s it. If I run into them I’ll give the. My opinion even though it won’t do any good.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
I do know that the parts of bama the THP went and publicized got hammered and those areas are in a major decline.
I know of plenty of places in North Carolina where the turkey population is declining. The boom in the east makes up for the overall state population, however.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Where is the turkey population declining ?

Mike

I know lots of places in North Carolina where the turkey population has declined. Overall our harvest does not reflect that because of the boom in the east where there weren’t turkeys to speak of before - along with the large increase in turkey hunters.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
The answer to any turkey population decline: I love this guy's videos.

Since i have no local populations I have been doing this as long as I have hunted- It sure would be more fun if they were like the wood goats- available everywhere.

6mm250

Eight Pointer
I aint telling where exactly but I see LOADS of turkeys in the sandhills. Loads. 30 at a time come by me.
There's a place like that near me , it's nothing to see 30 or 50 or even 100 , the field is just black with them.

It's hemmed up with purple paint too and ears nearby listening , waiting to make a phone call.

Mike