How bout that Carolina game?

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
To whoever the mod is who deleted my post........I WENT TO UNIV. OF SOUTH CAROLINA. WE CALL IT "CAROLINA".

They (being unranked) beat a ranked Auburn team, Saturday.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yes I am glad for SC.... SC and Clemson are better than anything NC can put on the field week in and week out. Pisses me off. But hey we got b ball.... A$$ket ball sucks to me.

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
giphy.gif

Hunting Nut

Old Mossy Horns
@DBCooper .... I watched that game. I was pulling for SC all the way ! I hate Auburn.
The dang refs reviewed and upheld an "incomplete" pass as complete around the 2 minute mark to try and help Auburn for the 2nd week in a row. Pass gave them a first down and the guy grabbed it off the ground !

SC held them off, though. Great job !

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
I have a client near the SC/GA border about an hr from Columbia, so most of the employees are either USC or UGA fans. They know I’m from NC. Guys will start talking about Carolina, and just to aggravate them, I’ll ask which Carolina are you guys talking about. Man they get fired up quick and remind me where I’m at.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a client near the SC/GA border about an hr from Columbia, so most of the employees are either USC or UGA fans. They know I’m from NC. Guys will start talking about Carolina, and just to aggravate them, I’ll ask which Carolina are you guys talking about. Man they get fired up quick and remind me where I’m at.

Correct. That baby blue :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk don't fly, south of the border.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Yes I am glad for SC.... SC and Clemson are better than anything NC can put on the field week in and week out. Pisses me off. But hey we got b ball.... A$$ket ball sucks to me.
disagree with the SC part. Much as i dislike NCSU they have a better program year in and year out than lil carolina (gamecocks) do.......just research the bowls been to and it is like night and day . UNC and State have/had better foot ball than them boys in Columbia.
Now Clemson , well you got me on them . They are football.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
UNC been to 34 Bowls 14 won
NCSU 32 bowls 16 won
lil carolina 23 bowls 9 won

Going to bowl shows you had a "good" year .....lil carolina isnt close to the other 2 year in and year out.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Correct. That baby blue :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk:donk don't fly, south of the border.
tell that to the unc basketball fans from south of the border. the ones with no ties.
having never had a program of any note in their state they do pull for the other carolina in basketball.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
dint unc just beat lower carolina in their last meeting?

Sure they did.

But, before that.......Carolina hadn't lost to a team from N. Carolina in this century.

So....blind hog and all.

Carolina SUCKED, last year. They suck, this year. If you beat them, well.....congratulations on your accomplishment.

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
disagree with the SC part. Much as i dislike NCSU they have a better program year in and year out than lil carolina (gamecocks) do.......just research the bowls been to and it is like night and day . UNC and State have/had better foot ball than them boys in Columbia.
Now Clemson , well you got me on them . They are football.
I agree to an extent but SC plays tougher opponents than State College week in and week out....They are in the SEC.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Considering the path to 6 wins and all 3 teams scheduling powder puff non conference schools, you have to consider the overall strength of the conference. The SEC is 319-171-10 versus the ACC...

The ACC in football, is the worst or at least tied for the worst in the cartel 5 with the Big 12.

South Carolina has a tougher conference schedule every single year.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
To whoever the mod is who deleted my post........I WENT TO UNIV. OF SOUTH CAROLINA. WE CALL IT "CAROLINA".

They (being unranked) beat a ranked Auburn team, Saturday.

Im sure the fellas over on SCH&F would be thrilled to discuss it with you

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
Considering the path to 6 wins and all 3 teams scheduling powder puff non conference schools, you have to consider the overall strength of the conference. The SEC is 319-171-10 versus the ACC...

The ACC in football, is the worst or at least tied for the worst in the cartel 5 with the Big 12.

South Carolina has a tougher conference schedule every single year.

UofSuC can start talking about how tough the schedule is after they stop losing to citadel, unc, app, and others.