How awesome!

DADOGG14

Eight Pointer
We have caught 20 fish over 40 inches in a few hours in the bay many times, it’s not that uncommon to find schools of big fish up there.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Pretty sight, but not uncommon. They were not to far from the mouth of oregon inlet just like that a couple weeks back.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
April 7th a school like that pulled into the Hook, south of the point...... the photo below is the tip of the iceberg of a school that was 1/8-1/4mi long and a few hundred yards across. When the sun got up you could see them good. Parked out there for a few weeks. This pic was AM of April 829242

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That video is incredible! The aerial drone shots (as usual) give a completely different perspective.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Pretty common. They’re everywhere

^^yep, I grew up not far from the bay and we wore out the drum and blues and stripers often.

our boat was only 18' but my buddy's dad had a 32 footer we could sleep on and Lord knows we tried to wear that boat out!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
April 7th a school like that pulled into the Hook, south of the point...... the photo below is the tip of the iceberg of a school that was 1/8-1/4mi long and a few hundred yards across. When the sun got up you could see them good. Parked out there for a few weeks. This pic was AM of April 8View attachment 29242

Have bait,,,will travel!

DADOGG14

Eight Pointer
Wasn’t trying to be a smart azz, just letting folks know there are opportunities to catch those fish. I agree the footage was cool from the drone, but it’s way cooler in person! ?

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I can only pray I am worthy,,,,likely go into "red drum mental training" between now and then (y)
If I could stand it I would be right there with y'all. I can't chunk those heavers anymore. Bad as I hate to admit it I suspect Justin could teach us a thing or three about the saltwater carp.

I have fond memories of doing it with my dad. They were one of his favorite saltwater obsessions.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have fond memories

I've been "surf fishing" on the OBX one time,,,fellow I served with was from Whiteville,,,took me out there with him in November 1988,,,,he died in a helicopter crash less than a year later,,,CH-3 crash in Arizona on a training mission,,,whole ODA was lost and the entiire AF crew,

I do expect Mr Justin can teach me a thing or three on that type fishing,,,

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I "surf fished" a bunch in the late '90s -about '08. But I was after toofy critters. A buddy and I got the bug bad. I would still be doing that if I could.