How are you spending Izzy Isolation?

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Y’all are more productive than me. We ate some homemade cinnamon rolls. Watched church on TV. Then went sledding in 1.5” of sleet and played with the dog.

After that I played a game of futility where I tried to see if I could shovel the deck, steps, and a path to the garage before it covered back over with sleet. I spent an hour at it just to prove I could, then quit.

I was going to work on editing hunting videos, but this fire, just makes me want to take a nap.🔥😴

Loganwayne

Ten Pointer
Whenever we go to WCU to see our son, wife has to stop at Barber’s orchard. We didn’t make it this fall, so she gave our son a list of everything she wanted for him to bring home after the semester.
Nice I graduated from WCU a few years ago. We are about 1/4 mile from barbers on the main road. I always end up taking a box of stuff down to buddy I hunt with.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Rain and wind on this end.
Started making a mold for an epoxy twitchbait for coldwater speckled trout fishing

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
took the daughter to work and picked her up, re arranged the gun safe, cleaned the closet, started my first attempt with the sous vide cooker i got for Christmas and put a blade roast in the oven. Now, its beer and football. Then, its hot vittles and Bourbon.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
took the daughter to work and picked her up, re arranged the gun safe, cleaned the closet, started my first attempt with the sous vide cooker i got for Christmas and put a blade roast in the oven. Now, its beer and football. Then, its hot vittles and Bourbon.
I'm going straight to the bourbon!

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Sleet looks to have changed back to snow no longer gail force winds electric might just stay on I was putting couple things off to see now I might actually get off my big butt and do them

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Lost power around lunchtime. Eat lunch and went to sleep. Just woke up and went outside to fire up generator. Drinking coffee and listening to radio!!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Ok,,, guess I need to pay more attention to the world "out there",,,,

didn't know what "Izzy isolation" was,,,, so looked up izzy,,,

SMDH on this storm naming bs,,, I know it's been around a bit, but still makes me wonder,,,,
I don't know that it's "been around for a while". To my knowledge there isn't but one worthless channel doing this crap.

As far as using my time wisely, it's 4:15 pm and I literally JUST put on pants, because I needed something from outside.

So my answer is NO, I have not been efficient today, but that is absolutely what I needed from today!

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Ok,,, guess I need to pay more attention to the world "out there",,,,

didn't know what "Izzy isolation" was,,,, so looked up izzy,,,

SMDH on this storm naming bs,,, I know it's been around a bit, but still makes me wonder,,,,
Lots of insurance policies have “named storm” exclusions…something to think about.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lots of insurance policies have “named storm” exclusions…something to think about.
I was thinking about that when I read this thread. Winter storms never used to be named, but because naming storms has economic impacts, maybe there was an incentive to begin naming every winter low that passes by.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
One of the good things about a laptop is it’s built-in battery serving as a buffer to power flickers…

well,,, this is a laptop

but I did some voodoo that my fellows taught me and got around it,,, got it fixed for now,,, but did back up some stuff, "just in case",,,