House questions

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
I'm selling my home and I'm in search of a rental. Im moving on from that home, my goal is to rent until I find the perfect property to purchase and build. I found an old farm house for rent but the basement and kitchen appear to have mold. What precautions would you take? I have children and I need it safe. I've heard some mold is ok, some is bad. What if any air quality test should I use? Or is there someone who's trained in this sorta thing that I can hire and have come out to the home?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
We had an apartment in raleigh years back. Was clean but had the musty smell.
After about a month the mold pops back up on all small tight areas. Nothing we could do to kill it just keep cleaning. Wife and I both started having health problems and moved. Best thing we could do but both us started having breathing and other problems. Got better about one month after we left but she still has problems she did not have before.
I would not risk it. Doc said my breathing problems are more than likely from that place.

tgr95

Spike
Mold means there’s a water leak or moisture problem with the house. A little mold is still bad. Not worth the health risk and possible medical bills to save money on rent or have a later dispute with the landlord.

And you don’t need to waste money on an air quality test. If you see it, it’s bad, there’s a moisture issue and there’s probably more behind walls you can’t see.

I’d run or at least walk fast to the next option. Good luck.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
If you can see it on the outside of the wall, imagine what it will look like behind the wall.