Hot spots

timber

Twelve Pointer
Have a lab starting to get some hot spots. Picked up couple things from tractor supply but dosent seem to help much so far. Any home remedies. Gave him a Benadryl seemed to help a while with the scratching

JONOV

Twelve Pointer
Have a lab starting to get some hot spots. Picked up couple things from tractor supply but dosent seem to help much so far. Any home remedies. Gave him a Benadryl seemed to help a while with the scratching
Under the ears or on the rear end or elsewhere?

Take a beard trimmer and shave away the hair around it.

Get a lampshade or donut collar to keep her from licking/scratching. Clean with a TrizChlor wipe.

If it's my dog? Some things are too much a hassle to deal with using home Remedies. Go to vet, get Prednisone and/or Neo Predef powder and antibiotics.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sulfur based skin care drugs really help. Order some of this and mix it in a spray bottle. Wear gloves or you will smell like a deviled egg fart. Spray it on daily. It will knock it right out. Shake it up well before each application.

timber

Twelve Pointer
Years ago they use to sulphur and burnt motor oil for mange and other skin problems. But this one stays in tge house. That sulphur would leave a tuff odor

Reactions: DRS

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Years ago they use to sulphur and burnt motor oil for mange and other skin problems. But this one stays in tge house. That sulphur would leave a tuff odor
The thing about that concoction was sulphur was a byproduct in burnt oil. That in itself would cure most skin problems. Now they have removed most sulphur from oil so oil would just be the carrier.

When I was a kid and didn't know better things existed I used this quite a bit. It really worked good. You just had to make sure your dogs were in the shade, that oil would blister the crap out of them if they weren't.

I later found out from several of my vet buddies that the oil suffocated the mites that cause mange was why it was so effective and the sulphur helped with the skin infection. That was before we found out that everything we did for dogs and many times for us was bad. LOL