Hot Sauce

Matty

Six Pointer
Contributor
Started a big batch of Wife / Kid compatible sauce last night. 2# Red Fresno, handful of dried peppers, couple of habanero and thai peppers, a lot of garlic, and a big handful of carrots for a little sweetness. I'll run it for the next month. This one will get strained and cut with white wine vinegar.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Last week I started what I call five pepper hot sauce. In three jars, I have 12 oz of thai chilis, 10 oz of serranos, 10 oz of chile reds, 8 oz of jalapenos and 1 oz of habaneros. I found the thai chilis in a newly converted convenience store to Indian grocery about 2 miles from my house. They're green in color but pack a punch.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I also brew beer. As the fermentation winds down, the yeast starts to settle and the wort starts to clear. At two weeks on my latest batch of hot sauce, the brine water was cloudy as it should be. Now heading into the 4th week, the water is clearing. The cloudiness is mostly gone. The seems to indicate the peppers are done fermenting. Is there any real benefit to leaving them in the fermenter?