Hope this is not a sign......

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
What a way to start a new year.......

A Boone & Crockett grinner plugging up a perfectly good coyote set. And to add insult ti injury, a trail cam about 50' away had a couple of coyotes on it in the wee hours of this morning and I suspect this speed demon was already in the trap by the time the yotes came through. And they did not find the other couple traps I have in the vicinity.

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
Hahah fingers crossed it’s not a bad omen, Harold. The only possum I’ve seen recently was this morning near my water trapline. There was a 10 inch patch of fur, and a small piece of skull n jaw bone. The rest of him had been eaten

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
One of those walked right through one of my sets last night and stole my bait but didn't set off the Trap funny little front foot tracks right on top of the pan

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
I had no luck this AM. MBs just waxed finally but too busy with the RockLock trying to kill another deer. Had high hopes Is be tagged out and two weeks into trapping by now. Work and the world restart Sunday night. Probably need to be in CT but trying to think of reasons not too be so I can run a short line at 4am before work each day. Somehow think I used up that luck last year. I’ll live through Y’all this part of the season anyway.

KrisB

Ten Pointer
I had no luck this AM. MBs just waxed finally but too busy with the RockLock trying to kill another deer. Had high hopes Is be tagged out and two weeks into trapping by now. Work and the world restart Sunday night. Probably need to be in CT but trying to think of reasons not too be so I can run a short line at 4am before work each day. Somehow think I used up that luck last year. I’ll live through Y’all this part of the season anyway.

This probably doesn't help much, since I'm a new trapper, but I haven't started trapping yet either. Going out of town this weekend, but after that, I plan to hit the ground running with trapping on game land. Stuff happens (or doesn't). Good luck to everyone this season!

YanceyGreenhorn

Still Not a Moderator
This probably doesn't help much, since I'm a new trapper, but I haven't started trapping yet either. Going out of town this weekend, but after that, I plan to hit the ground running with trapping on game land. Stuff happens (or doesn't). Good luck to everyone this season!
Well now you can start hammering rats with them 110 settin skills

KrisB

Ten Pointer
Well now you can start hammering rats with them 110 settin skills

LOL True that. Shout out and big THANK YOU to @41magnum and @lasttombstone and @YanceyGreenhorn for having an immense amount of patience helping me figure out/learn how to set 110s!!!!!! I wouldn't be trapping with 110s this season if it wasn't for y'all's guidance and help! It all finally came together as I was practicing setting them last night. Hope that is a GOOD sign for the rest of trapping season! :D

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I have many deer camera videos from my coyote bait pile which shows grinners on the bait pile and coyotes come by but would not go to the bait pile. After the grinners left I have videos where the coyotes came back and did go to the bait pile. A grinner isn't anything but an alligator in a fur coat. LOL.