Honda rancher lift/anti sag fix

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone that has a Honda rancher knows they sit nice then after you use then they sag. Ride someone or a deer, even corn the back will sag somewhat bad.
So after looking and reading I wanted to try something.
Nothing really new just spacers to add some more preload to the spring.
It is an easy fix, cheap, works and will stop you from hitting the bump stop so hard or at all.
What you are doing is using a section of aluminum pipe. It is heavy wall 2" ID and 2.5" OD.
1" will help level it, they say it is a 2" lift but based on the same shock length it is not a true lift for say but it raised the back about 2" on mine before to after.
I have not taken it riding but feels better and sets higher just as it sets.
Spring is not maxed out as it should not be. If you lift the back it will still raise some.

What is different was the way I did it.
I used some super line, it is like 550 cord but rated around 1600 lbs and flat. Little larger.
Used 12' to lace around the spring and tied the end to start. After I removed the shock I laced it in as tight as it could. Placed the shock under the front of the trailer using the jack to lower the trailer and compress the shock and spring.
After it looked about right I pulled any slack out then tied the end off to the spring.
Lift the trailer up remove the package and pull everything apart.
Added the spacer to the top and put it back together. After it was all in place I untied the line slowly letting it load the spacer. Then all I needed to do was remove the line and install the shock.
Easy job took 30 min start to finish.
Few pictures.27104271072710527106

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I always use a small ratchet strap on each side of small springs like that to compress them. Makes it real easy to control them.

Bean

Eight Pointer
glad to see this post I have been wanting to fix mine for a while now I know where to start. Good job

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
It is an easy job to do.
The extra preload is great from just a little of playing I did. You also have the factory adjustable preload you can go up or down on.
Some people use PVC or you can get cut section of steel or aluminum from any metal store or shop.
On line places sell you 4 sections for 25$