Holden Beach Pier (and surf fishing) info needed. Not much online regarding pier. Not an active Facebook page...

hawkman

Eight Pointer
Booking a place down on Holden Beach in late July. Our first beach vacation and we're excited. I was curious about the pier there. I've been doing some searching and there's not much in the way of fishing reports (which many piers seem to actively update) or even a really active Facebook page. The pictures on it more of beach activity than pier-related.

Is the pier still standing? Active? Good fishing?

I'll take any comments about the surf fishing in the area as well. I'll probably do more of that than anything else.

I've been dying for pompano from the surf and I'll finally have a week to go at them, rather than a day trip from 10 am - 5 pm. :) I thought maybe it's a little early for their fall run but a google search showed a kid with a really, really nice pomp caught there on Aug 2... so there's hope.

I'm also jiving for a sheepshead which I'd hope to get at the pier...

davidson county

Eight Pointer
pier was open when i went through.
drive past pier to sanddollar on right. drive around. there is a marsh ( boat ramp) can pick up all the 1 arm claw crabs you like.
mullet run up in the water way there. so may be able to net some.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
drive past pier to sanddollar on right. drive around. there is a marsh ( boat ramp) can pick up all the 1 arm claw crabs you like.

Are you referring to the square marshy area just past the pier in this photo from Google Maps? I haven't found reference to a "sand dollar" in the area but there are no houses next to the road at this spot so I'm guessing that's what you meant.

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Are you referring to the square marshy area just past the pier in this photo from Google Maps? I haven't found reference to a "sand dollar" in the area but there are no houses next to the road at this spot so I'm guessing that's what you meant.

SAND dollar Drive