Hog Bait Attractant

bigtee

Button Buck
I've tried a lot of different hog bait attractants including hog wild, plain corn, soured corn, even mix raspberry lemonade packets in with corn to attract hogs and it all works ok but this homemade recipe I found works very well. It has a strong smell that travels well, its extremely sweet to keep the hogs coming back, and most of all it's made from a bunch of stuff you can find from walmart. Here's the link to the wild hog bait attractant

We have hogs that roam and pass through our property every so often but they don't stay here. I put this stuff out a few days ago and they didn't come the first night because they probably weren't in the area but they came the second night and have stayed in the area ever since. The anise oil in it has a strong scent and everything else adds a lot of sweet flavoring. I noticed the bucket I used to mix it in had bees swarming today with the weather being a little warmer so may want to make sure you rinse your bucket after making.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
5 gallon bucket of corn full of water and set in the sun for a week is all you need.
Add molasses to get it working faster.
Bury it in a hole where you plan to hunt and spread some peanut butter on trees all the way around it.
Instant hog bait site that lasts for weeks.

bigtee

Button Buck
5 gallon bucket of corn full of water and set in the sun for a week is all you need.
Add molasses to get it working faster.
Bury it in a hole where you plan to hunt and spread some peanut butter on trees all the way around it.
Instant hog bait site that lasts for weeks.
that's a similar idea to what this mix is, but it adds anise oil, apple juice, and sugar. I've done soured corn before and it does work no doubt but I'm personally not a big fan of having to wait 5-7 days

dobber

Old Mossy Horns
One of the things used for bear, and likely can be done for hogs is popcorn. Can make a couple of 55 gallon drums of popcorn real cheap and then with an old cement mixer toss in the flavoring
Should keep the hogs around longer as they won't fill up as quick, and its cheap. Some guys i know bought one of them cheap old fashioned popcorn machines you might see on a street corner

I've tried a lot of different hog bait attractants including hog wild, plain corn, soured corn, even mix raspberry lemonade packets in with corn to attract hogs and it all works ok but this homemade recipe I found works very well. It has a strong smell that travels well, its extremely sweet to keep the hogs coming back, and most of all it's made from a bunch of stuff you can find from walmart. Here's the link to the wild hog bait attractant

We have hogs that roam and pass through our property every so often but they don't stay here. I put this stuff out a few days ago and they didn't come the first night because they probably weren't in the area but they came the second night and have stayed in the area ever since. The anise oil in it has a strong scent and everything else adds a lot of sweet flavoring. I noticed the bucket I used to mix it in had bees swarming today with the weather being a little warmer so may want to make sure you rinse your bucket after making.
Lets see some pictures if youve got them!