Hit the range to check Zero on the 6.5's

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Had some time and wanted to check zero on a few guns, one a new Remington long range 6.5 and the other I replaced the rings on my Ruger Pred 6.5.

Both did great very little shift with the supressors and both would kill a deer.
Want to carry it out some.but ran out of time. Plus the Rem being new want to put more rounds in it before I really go after it and extend to 200 yard or more.
Needed a better bench so was happy with what I got so far.

6.5 rem
20201009_143402.jpg
Ruger Pred
20201009_143406.jpg

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
It's still amazing how tight that caliber shoots right out of the box. I have only seen one 6.5 that would not shoot factory ammo. But with a little time in the reloading room it now shoots 1/2 moa with a hunting bullet all day long.

Is that factory or handloaded ammo?

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Great shooting. You can hold right there for 200yds.
What loads are you shooting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Got to say I was really surprised at how the remington shot.

The first group may have been better.
From just mounting the scope to a new out of box gun and shooting 3 true cold bore shot group. It was maybe 3" R 3" H one hole group.

Made the adjustment and moved to a larger dot and shot about on the edge of 1" dot.

Made the small dot and was right on like you say.

It is hard to get true cold bore shots, takes a lot longer than I had.
Take a lot of time to cool the barrel and the can. It heats up fast.1602340545278852823938.jpg

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
c7de798dbb5d4ba59a0622d7aaf98471.jpg

This should be pretty accurate for you to 500yds
At least get you on paper.

Cheers

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Leupold and Burris
Will lost up pic.
The Burris is mid level the leupold higher end 30mm tube cant remember what model.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I’d love to join you at the range.
Give me a holler one day.
Cheers
Good looking set ups

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Get it zero 3" high at 100 yds, then you don't have to worry about that 11.95" drop at 300 yds....and still be little high at 200 yds....just saying.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Always,always,always check your zero, more than one when testing had a large shift from the previous year. I also have guns that I haven’t had to adjust in 10 years but the still get checked first.
When I hear guys at the hunt club saying it was on last year sos still good I get ready for entertainment cause most come back red faced and blaming their gun..... I also make an off for the “broken” gun