History of Tall 8!

This is a monster tall 8 pointer that I have been getting pictures of ever since Summer 2018! I call him Tall 8! Here are pictures of him and the changes that has been happening to him!

Here he is in October 2018 with no velvet
20181006_094432.jpg

As you can see he is missing a G3 and a G2 after he has been fighting during the rut. He got his butt kicked! ?
WGI_0148.JPG

This is him in April 2019 with his first horns coming in!
WGI_0135.JPG

This is him under the feeder with braw tines coming in!
WGI_0115 (3).JPG

Here are more pictures of Tall 8!

Here he is at the Big & J Headrush Site!
WGI_0010 (3).JPG

Antlers getting bigger a month later!
WGI_0058 (2).JPG

Two Days Later!
WGI_0092.JPG

Weeks later with antlers really growing!
WGI_0053 (2).JPG

More pictures of Tall 8!

I got a good picture with a Coolpix Photo camera!
DSCN3954.JPG

Standing straight and looking nice!
20190730_100413 (1).jpg

NO VELVET!!!
20190912_154514.jpg

Beware Tall 8! I'm coming for ya! ??
WGI_0203.JPG

Last edited:

dropnbassonu

Four Pointer
He more so than the rest of us who frequent the forum? He’s interested in hunting and, perhaps, thought he was sharing the interest with others...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed 100%. Who are we to rain on another person's parade? That's a nice deer I'd kill any day of the week, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

dropnbassonu

Four Pointer
Right....everyone knows whats going on here. We'll allow it to continue until its not entertaining us anymore.
Pardon my ignorance, but what's going on here? I'm obviously missing some history or backstory

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Pardon my ignorance, but what's going on here? I'm obviously missing some history or backstory

Trolling.

A button head comes on and immediately exhibits all of the most despised aspects of modern deer hunting. Posts in all caps about BIG BUCKS OMGGGGG. Doesn't know anything about his set up, not even how many blades his broadhead has. Wounds a deer. Fails to recover deer. Posts three separate threads detailing potato quality pics of the same deer. Goes on and on about deer he's named. And then other button heads pipe up to defend him.

dropnbassonu

Four Pointer
Trolling.

A button head comes on and immediately exhibits all of the most despised aspects of modern deer hunting. Posts in all caps about BIG BUCKS OMGGGGG. Doesn't know anything about his set up, not even how many blades his broadhead has. Wounds a deer. Fails to recover deer. Posts three separate threads detailing potato quality pics of the same deer. Goes on and on about deer he's named. And then other button heads pipe up to defend him.
Yeah sorry about my earlier post. I haven't been on here as much lately because of family health stuff going on and this was the first post I read. I went back and searched for past comments and threads of late and see what you're saying. I don't think he's trolling, but definitely young, excited, watching TV shows, and a bit wet behind the ears. Perhaps he's forgotten he's talking to men and not his young friends who generally, and unfortunately, talk this way to each other? Not knowing his own gear and losing 2 deer in as many years is troubling for sure, so hopefully he opens his mind and takes the advice that's been given in other threads.

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Trolling.

Thanks Tip. Almost spit my coffee everywhere reading that.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Don’t forget the part where the old respected mossy horns hop on and berate as opposed to moving along and not worrying about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trolling.

I have 2 blades on my broadhead. And I'm trying my best to kill a Big Buck. I've killed three smaller bucks but never a big one!

Yeah sorry about my earlier post. I haven't been on here as much lately because of family health stuff going on and this was the first post I read. I went back and searched for past comments and threads of late and see what you're saying. I don't think he's trolling, but definitely young, excited, watching TV shows, and a bit wet behind the ears. Perhaps he's forgotten he's talking to men and not his young friends who generally, and unfortunately, talk this way to each other? Not knowing his own gear and losing 2 deer in as many years is troubling for sure, so hopefully he opens his mind and takes the advice that's been given in other threads.

I'm trying my best and I have practiced my bow and I would like some good advice! ?

Trolling.

I also take my bow and it is professionally set up.

Trappertod

Six Pointer
Yep, my thoughts Zombie. Spike how old are you? What's your location? Someone might be willing to take you under their wing and nurture you into a good hunter. Not saying your bad, just inexperienced, everyone has to learn. Taking someone's wisdom and applying can often keep you from making costly mistakes.

Ambush

Twelve Pointer
I don't know his history, but liked the photos. Deer looked to be 2 1/2 last year, so he's very impressive at 3 1/2. Will be a monster next year, if he doesn't get him this year. That is, if it's all legit.