Hey Eric Revo!!!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks..not a whole lot of story to tell. We'd been seeing this buck with a few trail cameras on the lease and with limited acorns I was haunting the corn feeders in the afternoons where I figured it was getting close to time for the bigger bucks to start looking for love.
6:30 Saturday afternoon I was watching a couple of does eating some greenery in the plot and he came running in, scattering the does. I waited until he was perfectly broadside at 20 yards and the Swhacker broadhead did it's job perfectly. He ran slowly across a small drainage and I heard him fall. The blood trail was like following someone pouring it out of a gallon jug since the shot cut the top off his heart and deflated both lungs. Easy drag back to the food plot where I had already arranged my buddy to come pick me up after dark since it was a long climb up a long, steep gravel road and I'm lazy.
His pictures made him look a lot bigger but at 126 7/8 he's my top crossbow kill....so far.

DBCooper

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks..not a whole lot of story to tell. We'd been seeing this buck with a few trail cameras on the lease and with limited acorns I was haunting the corn feeders in the afternoons where I figured it was getting close to time for the bigger bucks to start looking for love.
6:30 Saturday afternoon I was watching a couple of does eating some greenery in the plot and he came running in, scattering the does. I waited until he was perfectly broadside at 20 yards and the Swhacker broadhead did it's job perfectly. He ran slowly across a small drainage and I heard him fall. The blood trail was like following someone pouring it out of a gallon jug since the shot cut the top off his heart and deflated both lungs. Easy drag back to the food plot where I had already arranged my buddy to come pick me up after dark since it was a long climb up a long, steep gravel road and I'm lazy.
His pictures made him look a lot bigger but at 126 7/8 he's my top crossbow kill....so far.

He’s a fine buck, Eric. Congratulations!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Let me know how it turns out! I’ve got several, mine and brother’s that I need to work on was gonna ask what you used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they ended up not having enough of the 40% by volume clear to cover the skull. So I bought what they had and poured it into a plastic basin then covered the rest of the skull with paper towels and soaked them with the peroxide. I covered the whole thing with cling wrap and let it sit all night. I'll report on what happens today, I may have to move it into the sun to get the full effect. Typically the 40% by volume stuff will break down the grease and float it out, I hope that the wet towels will absorb it.
If not I'll be using the old Dawn soak to get the skull grease free and start the whitening process over again.

gremcat

Twelve Pointer
Congrats Eric, I missed the post in the kill section until tonight. Hope you find another NC spot soon as well. The place I hunted was developed and most of the other places where way out by the coast or I’d try and help you out. Still remember hunting with you and Jody out there. Hard to believe but James is headed to the USAF in 5 weeks after a year of college.