Here it comes, they are going to try to turn us in to comifornica

Unfortunately my wife got a hold of this article and is now on me to get rid of all of my ammo.

Not looking forward to this discussion...

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
"They're getting most of the lead from scavenging deer carcasses and other carcasses that have been shot and left in the woods," Browning said."

How does he KNOW this? It sounds like pure speculation to me. If there really is a problem that needs solving, you must find the real cause rather than make knee-jerk speculations. I'd like to see his study and proof.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I saw this on Facebook and called it out. A lady promptly gave me a link to some research. So I read the research. Best I can remember it was university of Minnesota. Stated that they had the same problem years ago. Blamed it on the lead shot from dead and injured waterfowl that the eagles were feeding on. So lead waterfowl loads banned as we all know. But research went on to say that basically hunters were doing a good job of switching to non toxic loads. Amazingly eagles continue to die at about the same rate. So there next line of reasoning was...................................yes you guessed it, lead from wounded deer and in the "guts" of harvested and cleaned deer. I could not get her to respond when I pointed this out. Also could not get her to comment on the mercury levels of certain species of fish in NC and how eagles eat a lot of fish. I love seeing eagles and want to see them well managed. But just do the proper research and find out the real problem.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’m glad some folks love to see them. I’ve seen enough scavenging off the chicken offal trucks to not care if I see another.