Help!!! Striker(s) needed!!!

HuntinCop

Twelve Pointer
I was getting all of my turkey hunting gear together today and noticed that I have lost the striker that I had for my glass pot call. Where is the best place to find some this time of year? Does anyone on here have any that they want to sell by any chance? I love my mouth calls, but the glass is my favorite that I have. I went to Dunham's in Wilson today and they didn't have any strikers sold separately from the calls. I know that they sell packages sometimes with 2-3 strikers made out of different woods but I have no idea where to find one that I could have here by Friday.

Thanks!!

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I got to the woods one morning and didn't have a striker with me. So I broke off a tree limb, got ready to cut it smooth, no pocket knife. I chewed the end to try to get it as good as I could. End result, tom turkey came to the call and DRT..:) The striker wasn't pretty but worked.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Last time I was in Wallyworld they had the 3 pack. Don't know what is local to you but there has to be one in the neighborhood.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
go online and try to find a telephone number or email address for eddie wynne in hertford. he is often travelling around the east this time of year selling calls. you may be able to hook up w/ him...and if you do, grab a diamond wood, curly maple, and a yellow heart.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
another option would be to call John's Archery in Belvoir to see if he has any of Eddie's strikers left in his store.

Redfish71

Spike
Since I make calls I have just about any kind you need purple heart,yellowheart,black loctus,dymondwood,rosewood,hickory,etc. I have 2 PC and custom turned just let me know what your looking for.

Dave

Last edited: