Help a guy out with scope options

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
Ruger American Ranch 450 BM. Need a scope. Dont know too much about them, I get bored reading about them. I know a few basics and have a few scopes on other rifles but I dont think i want to put a 3-9-40 on it. Anybody have one? what did you top it with? Id like to keep it under 350 bucks. I dont neeed ano ptic for 500 yards just to 200. What do you suggest? Any advice is appreciated.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
This is what I would use if it was my rifle - https://www.bing.com/aclick?ld=e3mM...MjA5NzQ&rlid=96e473d0a731191d336b2fc8e341728f
Ruger American Ranch 450 BM. Need a scope. Dont know too much about them, I get bored reading about them. I know a few basics and have a few scopes on other rifles but I dont think i want to put a 3-9-40 on it. Anybody have one? what did you top it with? Id like to keep it under 350 bucks. I dont neeed ano ptic for 500 yards just to 200. What do you suggest? Any advice is appreciated.

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
2-7x would be fine, but if you’re staying within 200 I’d look at a 1.5-5x or a fixed 4x, but that’s just me. Fixed scope I’d go with a Weaver or Leupold FX scope, for a variable I’d look at the Leupold VX Freedom or VX2 if they make it in that configuration

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
Fixed 3 or 4 x scope of quality that holds zero. Sight in for 200. Might hit 1.5” high at 100.
Swift pistol scopes are awesome.
Weaver
Leupold
Tasco pronghorn Older ones
a46db689ddd4bb1b1c07bdfc3a7e4fb4.jpg

Thinking about my turkey gun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ducknut

Eight Pointer
The ranch is too light and handy to have a big scope on it, in my opinion. I went Leupold 2-7x33 with LR duplex. In the lowest Talley lightweights they offer. Snap it up and it's aiming right where I'm looking after in increased the length of pull

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
2-7x33 leupold
2-7x32 vortex

nice small scope that will match the size of that American ranch and do well out to 200 yards, backed with a good warranty.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
1x5 or 2x7 30mm tube like a nikon big game or some of the others.
For that round, distance you will shoot you want something small and compact that you could take a shot from 10 yards to say 80 yards.